Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Victrix Armaments - Canada - now in stock!

Quote Originally Posted by Bfranklin View Post
    Makes sense. Thanks for clarifying.
    you're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by beltfed View Post
    Thanks for that Mareshow.

Just curious what you were using for ammo, and how it grouped?
    With only 200 rounds down the pipe it sounds like there wasn't much in the way for load development / it is easy to load for.

A couple of years ago I did a trade for 2000 115 D-tacs, a pile of 6 XC brass and boxes of powder with the intention of building an 6XC blaster, but haven't yet got around to it - this is why I ask.
    oh man, you have no idea haha. I can show you my load data. I had a load shooting consistent cloverleafs in under 50 rnds. Hands down one of the easiest guns I have ever loaded for. The other 6mm I have is a 6mm CM so I'm curious if it will be the same. This gun loved 107 gr SMKs over Reloader 16. I was told to use anything in the H4350 realm of powder speed and you'll be happy. I'm right around 3050 fps with those. No pressure signs

I always warm up and season a barrel before shooting groups (then see if the cold bore is way out later), shot ten rounds of some made up low pressure loads to dial the scope in and get used to the trigger. That was followed by ladder testing, first five round group was meh (which for victrix is 3/4 MOA), second group was just over 1/2 MOA, third was a clover leaf. Loaded up 20 more rounds and chrono'd it and boom I was done.

Right now I do have to redial it back in though because I find with all guns right around 200 rnds the barrel does speed up a bit. Customs, or factory it doesnt matter. Since then I have shot around 150 rounds at coyotes and targets and been very happy consistent speed and accuracy. First cleaning is at around 40 rnds, second cleaning is at 200. Sure enough stuck the chronograph on after the second cleaning and I've gained about 100 FPS. so I'll have to adjust accordingly.

Contrast this to the Cadex and it took me a couple different powders and projectiles to find a load. dont get me wrong though, was fun to shoot that much.

My only issue with 6XC is brass availability, I always feel more guilty losing brass on coyote stands in the snow vs say 6mm CM because I know its easy to buy more.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer beltfed's Avatar
    I've shot a Tubb 2000, so I'm aware of the 6xc - kinda what got me on that path, that is now unfortunately not one I continued down. I'll take this conversation to PM so as not to further mess up GBT's thread.
    Life Member CCFR and CSSA
    Posts made by the pseudonym "Beltfed" may not accurately reflect the beliefs and opinions of the Registered User.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123