Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Prior arrest with conditional discharge/peace bond

Prior arrest with conditional discharge/peace bond

Hey guys! For years I’ve been interested in getting my rpal and I finally pulled the trigger last week. My application was received 2 days ago but I’m anxious about my arrest history and want to know what your opinions are on it. In July of 2015, 5 and half years ago, I was arrested with break and entering and theft of motor vehicle. The judge was lenient on me and gave me a conditional discharge meaning no record with a 1 year peace bond in January 2016(exactly 5 years ago). I answered no to all of section 16 on the application. I haven’t been in any trouble since but my peace bond expires January 2017(4 years ago). Would I have any issues with getting my rpal in your opinion?? I’ve read through countless threads and still feel the need to gain more insight. Thanks!

CGN frequent flyer
    I don't know if anyone will know for sure, but one thing I will say.... January 2016 lol? You couldn't have waited a couple of months? You're prob going to get more than two months delay for that fact alone.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer btabin's Avatar
    Your CFO might want an interview but I wouldn't worry too much about it. They're more concerned with recent violent and drug crimes.
    I suck at responding to PMs. Don't take it personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Buggle View Post
    I don't know if anyone will know for sure, but one thing I will say.... January 2016 lol? You couldn't have waited a couple of months? You're prob going to get more than two months delay for that fact alone.
    I know what you mean but I’ve been soo looking forward to getting my rpal for years even before the arrest and finally one day I said f*** it. I also convinced myself since the processing times are longer now days it would be a few months before my application gets looked at anyway so why not go for it now.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Midnight Rider's Avatar
    I always find these types of questions strange coming from people who just signed up for the site , and have a zero post count ; yet the first thing they talk about is their past criminal history , and asking others how difficult it will be to get a firearm license .
    " SUPER BIKES RULE.....! " " Speed Costs....How Much Do You Want To Spend ! "

Maybe because the first step is to get a rpal and a lot of people have been arrested at some point so asking now makes sense. Not sure why someone would post their arrest history after getting their rpal but whatever makes sense to you buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Rider View Post
    I always find these types of questions strange coming from people who just signed up for the site , and have a zero post count ; yet the first thing they talk about is their past criminal history , and asking others how difficult it will be to get a firearm license .
    You nailed it.
    Don't worry, go plinking, be happy!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer J.Hancock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Calgarian View Post
    Hey guys! For years I’ve been interested in getting my rpal and I finally pulled the trigger last week. My application was received 2 days ago but I’m anxious about my arrest history and want to know what your opinions are on it. In July of 2015, 5 and half years ago, I was arrested with break and entering and theft of motor vehicle. The judge was lenient on me and gave me a conditional discharge meaning no record with a 1 year peace bond in January 2016(exactly 5 years ago). I answered no to all of section 16 on the application. I haven’t been in any trouble since but my peace bond expires January 2017(4 years ago). Would I have any issues with getting my rpal in your opinion?? I’ve read through countless threads and still feel the need to gain more insight. Thanks!
    You should be all right, they will likely (and rightfully) keep a closer eye on you, than if your history was incident free. I had a few blips as well when applying, however none that incurred a weapons ban.
    Before applying I vetted myself, through freedom of information, One has access the files used to determine whether an applicant is eligible for a PAL.

*edit* I would have mentioned the peacebond, which expired within the 5 year period allotted on the application. There was an option to explain any yes answers. My only concern would be the CFO misinterpreting your answers of no as an attempt to mislead.
    Last edited by J.Hancock; 01-29-2021 at 11:20 AM.
    "When truth and fairness differs from what is law, better to follow truth and fairness."

Super GunNutz
    B&E is an indictable offense.
    But you never know , as the 5 year period is up

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Calgarian View Post

Hate to be the one saying it, but I would think twice before giving someone an RPAL, that lacks basic morality and ethics, a disregard for other’s property, and commit a break and enter...i know it’s just a car, but still. I’m surprised no one mentioned it yet.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast