Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mark I Trench Knife

Mark I Trench Knife

Canada Ammo,
    I notice that you bring in both knifes and G10 "knuckle dusters" I was curious if you could possibly get one of your suppliers to put these items together and make a Canada legal Mark I Trench Knife reproduction. This knife is previously unavailable to the Canadian Market due to the Brass Knuckle shield on the knife.

Possible?
    The gun has played a critical role in history. An invention which has been praised and denounced... Served hero and villain alike... And carries with it moral responsibility. To understand the gun is to better understand history.

Trench knives with knuckles are illegal in Canada...regardless of whether the knuckles are metal or not. At least that is my understanding of the law.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Castle1 View Post
    Trench knives with knuckles are illegal in Canada...regardless of whether the knuckles are metal or not. At least that is my understanding of the law.
    I thought that was correct as well

Can anyone actually point to the law though? I can't find anywhere where "Trench Knifes" are illegal

1. Any device designed to be used for the purpose of injuring, immobilizing or otherwise incapacitating any person by the discharge therefrom of

(a) tear gas, Mace or other gas, or
    (b) any liquid, spray, powder or other substance that is capable of injuring, immobilizing or otherwise incapacitating any person.
    2. Any instrument or device commonly known as “nunchaku”, being hard non-flexible sticks, clubs, pipes, or rods linked by a length or lengths of rope, cord, wire or chain, and any similar instrument or device.
    3. Any instrument or device commonly known as “manrikigusari” or “kusari”, being hexagonal or other geometrically shaped hard weights or hand grips linked by a length or lengths of rope, cord, wire or chain, and any similar instrument or device.
    4. Any finger ring that has one or more blades or sharp objects that are capable of being projected from the surface of the ring.
    5. Any device that is designed to be capable of injuring, immobilizing or incapacitating a person or an animal by discharging an electrical charge produced by means of the amplification or accumulation of the electrical current generated by a battery, where the device is designed or altered so that the electrical charge may be discharged when the device is of a length of less than 480 mm or bigger, and any similar device.
    6. A crossbow or similar device that
    (a) is designed or altered to be aimed and fired by the action of one hand, whether or not it has been redesigned or subsequently altered to be aimed and fired by the action of both hands; or
    (b) has a length not exceeding 500 mm.
    7. The device known as the “Constant Companion”, being a belt containing a blade capable of being withdrawn from the belt, with the buckle of the belt forming a handle for the blade, and any similar device.
    8. Any knife commonly known as a “push-dagger” that is designed in such a fashion that the handle is placed perpendicular to the main cutting edge of the blade and any other similar device other than the aboriginal “ulu” knife.
    9. Any device having a length of less than 30 cm and resembling an innocuous object but designed to conceal a knife or blade, including the device commonly known as the “knife-comb”, being a comb with the handle of the comb forming a handle for the knife, and any similar device.
    10. The device commonly known as a “Spiked Wristband”, being a wristband to which a spike or blade is affixed, and any similar device.
    11. The device commonly known as a “Kiyoga Baton” or “Steel Cobra” and any similar device consisting of a manually triggered telescoping spring-loaded steel whip terminated in a heavy calibre striking tip.
    12. The device commonly known as a “Morning Star” and any similar device consisting of a ball of metal or other heavy material, studded with spikes and connected to a handle by a length of chain, rope or other flexible material.
    13. The device known as “Brass Knuckles” and any similar device consisting of a band of metal with one or more finger holes designed to fit over the fingers of the hand.

The gun has played a critical role in history. An invention which has been praised and denounced... Served hero and villain alike... And carries with it moral responsibility. To understand the gun is to better understand history.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Greenhorse six's Avatar
    Alberta,using the first rule of how not to be seen.
    IIRC ,its because brass knuckles are illegal, and knuckle dusters are a "Variant" , so , illegal.
    Which is stupid, because you can have a handguard , which will have the same effect.

Edited; Trench knife, okay , knuckle dusters, not okay .

I do like your idea , however, that would be sweet .
    Never Pet A Burning Dog.
    I have a serious phobia of being alone.
    I take solace in military tactics because they emphasize teamwork and working with others.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Castle1 View Post
    That is a strange one, because they sell legal "brass knuckle" type products in Canada made of plastic and carbon fiber. So for "brass knuckles" alone they just just cant me made of metal and they are legal in Canada.

I know Canadian laws don't make sense....sigh It would make sense that if I can own plastic, Carbon fiber, non metal knuckles that I should also be able to own a trench knife reproduction with a non metal knuckle duster

CGN frequent flyer
    Didnt watch it completely yet but this lawyer goes on about a case involving a trench knife with metal knuckles and the legality of metal vs non metal knuckles
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTXteiJ0smE

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    Didnt watch it completely yet but this lawyer goes on about a case involving a trench knife with metal knuckles and the legality of metal vs non metal knuckles
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTXteiJ0smE
    Long story short: They're legal to own, but leaving your house with them can lead to trouble.

I remember the trench knife from my childhood, I borrowed the book "Weapon: A Visual History of Arms and Armor" all the damn time from the school library... (https://www.amazon.ca/Weapon-Visual-...1972933&sr=8-1) It looks like they've updated it since then too, as the M&P didn't exist when I was in elementary school.

Would be cool to have one. Wholly impractical and probably wouldn't use it for anything, but man they look cool...
    Last edited by Suther; 01-29-2021 at 10:20 PM.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    They were very practical for their intended purpose.The original I believe you can own and store but replicas no.

Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor CanAm's Avatar
    We are looking into it

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast