Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ruger Mark II Gov't "US"

Ruger Mark II Gov't "US"

Ruger MK II Gov't Target Model. 6 7/8 inch Bull barrel. Original box and papers, never had the original packing oil wiped off, never fired or put on display. I think this pistol has a special significance as she has US stamped over the serial number. Serious offers only. Private sale so no tax. A PAL is required
    Please e-mail John@wolverinesupplies.com for more details.

Asking price?

Quote Originally Posted by kc34 View Post
    Asking price?
    Believe it or not, I am still trying to research this one. Looking for a fair price for what is a NIB gun. Just found her this afternoon tucked away in the back of my safe and forgotten.

I dunno where I am but I know where you can stick it
    Super cool, just heard Mike Glover talk about using one of these silenced to get rid of targets in Afghanistan or Iraq. I'm assuming the US stamp means this was destined for a similar fate lol
    Lois can't stop me from experiencing the manic highs and lows my body demands.
    Kerosene is fuel, Brian. Red Bull is fuel. Kerosene is Red Bull.

I wonder if 264magnum finally is going to jump on this one...

Yes, he is looking for an mk2 target nib since 2018 with 49 bumps on his wtb add already lol.

If he doesn't buy this from you John then I hope that at least he pulls his add
    May 1st 2020, clear proof;
    Registration leads to confiscation!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    Believe it or not, I am still trying to research this one. Looking for a fair price for what is a NIB gun. Just found her this afternoon tucked away in the back of my safe and forgotten.
    From ruger talk.com “In 1983, Ruger was awarded a contract from the U.S. Army, Rock Island Arsenal for a .22 caliber target and training pistol for the U.S. armed forces. A new model was established to meet the U.S. Army's requirements (catalog no. MK678G), and this was the first time Ruger Mark II pistols were equipped with 6 7/8" bull barrels. The MK678G pistols were rollmarked "U.S." on the right side of the barrel/receiver assembly, had finer sights, a roller-burnished chamber, and enhanced accuracy. Special targeting methods were developed using a (then) new laser sighting system, which was later granted a U.S. patent. The laser targeting system worked very well during production, and each pistol was packed with a target attesting to its compliance with the U.S. Government accuracy standards for such pistols. The duration of the contract lasted until 1986, and the Company ultimately shipped over 17,000 pistols to the U.S. Army. No "U.S." marked pistols were shipped commercially during the period of the government contract.”

Thank you Rob. I have been advised that my serial # does not fall in the US military contact, which makes sense as my gun is NIB. So why and when did Ruger manufacture my gun. The US stamp is obviously factoury, I will post photos ASAP?

I owned one of these some years ago....as I remember alan lever purchased the contract overrun pistols directly from ruger
    Dear Justin...I'm from BC...a few years ago your Dad gave us the finger, we would like to give it back...

"SUCK MY FAT ONE YOU CHEAP DIMESTORE HOOD"

John, Have you got hold of Ruger with the serial#?

Well this one did not come from Allen Lever, she was imported direct from Ruger.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast