Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ruger Mark II Gov't "US"

I Beleive I just bought it I replied to johns email with photos of box and paperwork. According to Rugers serial number lookup this left factory in 2010 so it must have came from a deep dark corner of there warehouse. I suspect this to be one of about 25 known mk2 U.S. marked pistols in private hands and I came on here today looking for a .22 pistol I could mount a red dot too. This won’t be getting drilled and tapped lol I think it was a good score for a grand

Thanks for all the intrest. SPF

Yup it has a new home in my safe lol

Quote Originally Posted by p.Rundle View Post
    Super cool, just heard Mike Glover talk about using one of these silenced to get rid of targets in Afghanistan or Iraq. I'm assuming the US stamp means this was destined for a similar fate lol
    seriously. Lmao

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo45 View Post
    Yup it has a new home in my safe lol
    Congrats on this special piece..

Thanks it is a special piece it’s going to be hard not to clean the factory oils from it and fire at least a few rounds to try her out but I think it’s going to remain as it’s current state it won’t even be field stripped for fear of scratching the finish. I sent pics of it with all the pics of the box and paperwork to a ruger collector I know in the states he said he is 99% sure it’s the real deal taken from the actual last run of these to the military he is fowarding all the pics to one of his friends down there who is even more of a ruger pistol collector than himself. If I have the time tommorrow iam going to send ruger an email with all the pics see what they have to say

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Got Juice?'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo45 View Post
    Thanks it is a special piece it’s going to be hard not to clean the factory oils from it and fire at least a few rounds to try her out but I think it’s going to remain as it’s current state it won’t even be field stripped for fear of scratching the finish. I sent pics of it with all the pics of the box and paperwork to a ruger collector I know in the states he said he is 99% sure it’s the real deal taken from the actual last run of these to the military he is fowarding all the pics to one of his friends down there who is even more of a ruger pistol collector than himself. If I have the time tommorrow iam going to send ruger an email with all the pics see what they have to say
    To be fair, I purchased an unfired rimfire pistol from the 80's. The Bore was so frosted it would not shoot worth a damn. I would shoot it a little just to maintain firing condition. It will not impact value to have a fired gun that works well, but to have an unfired gun fail to function is far worse.
    Envy green is not a color well worn. Might want to quit while you're ahead

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123