CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 63

Thread: Dlask Arms Corp. Shotgun Barrels...

  1. #41
    Super GunNutz Redcoat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    259
    No update on the 870 Barrels folks ?

  2. #42
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    31
    delete...

  3. #43
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by infidel29 View Post
    Right? Why isn't the 590 getting any Dlask love??
    I don't speak for the company but one can assume it's because you need the short forend and mag tube assembly to install 14" barrels on Mossbergs. Most 590's with the short forend already have a 14" barrel. The short forend is only found on a few 500's - specifically the field model. I have one of those.

    Remington 870's can take any barrel from 12.5" and up without modification or need for additional parts, making it a much more versatile and practical platform if using a wide range of barrel lengths is required. Therefore, they're an easier sell and far more marketable.

  4. #44
    CGN Ultra frequent flyer Leg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,373
    Quote Originally Posted by Dlask Arms View Post
    Not from us, no. The barrels are finished and blued so soldering on a new sight would mean refinishing etc. and the price would rise dramatically for it. Any local gunsmith or machinist can install a bead for you should you choose or go full metal jacket and get a set of Trijicon Ghost Ring sights.
    You can’t drill and tap for a bead? Looks like you guys took a page out of the NEA playbook. LOL

    I’d be curious to know the ratio of customers that requested no sight vs sight preferred. It seems to me like you just unnecessarily limited your customer base. Switching to a tall bead sight would permit you to easily accommodate both.

  5. #45
    CGN Ultra frequent flyer Leg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,373
    Quote Originally Posted by Dlask Arms View Post
    The 10" is indeed compatible with the MCS. You are half right on the cost savings. As I mentioned in the first post the reason is two-fold. First is the constant stream of emails asking for barrels with no front sight. I mean, honestly, what's the point of putting a front sight on any barrel below 18" anyways ? You are not shooting skeet or ducks or anything other than beer cans on a log or a bear. If you need this in self defense it is far better to be able to produce the gun and fire by instinctively aiming vs. the gun not coming out of the scabbard because it snags on the front sight. I have shot these in all configurations literally hundreds of times and almost every time I just look down the receiver to aim, not at the front sight.
    Nice that that works for you. Wonít work for everyone. Your front sight design is was what snagged, had you used a normal bead it would have been a non issue.

  6. #46
    CGN Regular jetfixer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Yellowknife NWT
    Posts
    150
    I never had issues with the front sight snagging on my 12.5" Dlask barrel, so I can only assume the request for barrels without a front sight is for the LCF or for those mounting a red dot. I was about to buy a 14" barrel, but want a front sight. I would have been nice if there were versions with and without the front sight.

  7. #47
    Business Member Dlask Arms's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Delta, BC
    Posts
    1,853
    Quote Originally Posted by Leg View Post
    Nice that that works for you. Won’t work for everyone. Your front sight design is was what snagged, had you used a normal bead it would have been a non issue.
    You are right on the front sight part. It did snag and believe it or not it wasn't even as high as it should have been for such a short barrel ! The logistics are : the shorter the barrel the taller the sight needs to be. And you're idea of a 'tall' bead sight....that's not a real thing. They would need to be custom made. And then the price goes WAY up and there would be complaints. So just a simple little bead on an 8.5" barrel....just no point from my view. You would be far better served by adding a Venom or RMR to the top of the receiver so it could at least be dialed in.

    Like I said, I have shot more of these in more different configurations than probably anyone alive except Joe, and I can tell you from experience, just aim down the receiver and all will be well.

    Anyways, can't please all the people all the time so we just make things that we like and think the shooting community will like. One day they will have sights, the next no sights, then maybe your brass beads. Who knows ( :

    Like I said in the post you quoted though, if you are firing an 8.5" cylinder bore shotgun at something other than beer cans then you are not aiming, you are just fixin' the target by instinct since that's all you'll have time to do before Winnie turns you into poo.
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

  8. #48
    Business Member Dlask Arms's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Delta, BC
    Posts
    1,853
    Quote Originally Posted by Mossberg590A1 View Post
    I don't speak for the company but one can assume it's because you need the short forend and mag tube assembly to install 14" barrels on Mossbergs. Most 590's with the short forend already have a 14" barrel. The short forend is only found on a few 500's - specifically the field model. I have one of those.

    Remington 870's can take any barrel from 12.5" and up without modification or need for additional parts, making it a much more versatile and practical platform if using a wide range of barrel lengths is required. Therefore, they're an easier sell and far more marketable.
    We bought a few Mossberg parts. There just *may* be something in the works...just maybe.
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

  9. #49
    CGN Ultra frequent flyer Leg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,373
    Quote Originally Posted by Dlask Arms View Post
    You are right on the front sight part. It did snag and believe it or not it wasn't even as high as it should have been for such a short barrel ! The logistics are : the shorter the barrel the taller the sight needs to be. And you're idea of a 'tall' bead sight....that's not a real thing. They would need to be custom made. And then the price goes WAY up and there would be complaints. So just a simple little bead on an 8.5" barrel....just no point from my view. You would be far better served by adding a Venom or RMR to the top of the receiver so it could at least be dialed in.

    Like I said, I have shot more of these in more different configurations than probably anyone alive except Joe, and I can tell you from experience, just aim down the receiver and all will be well.

    Anyways, can't please all the people all the time so we just make things that we like and think the shooting community will like. One day they will have sights, the next no sights, then maybe your brass beads. Who knows ( :

    Like I said in the post you quoted though, if you are firing an 8.5" cylinder bore shotgun at something other than beer cans then you are not aiming, you are just fixin' the target by instinct since that's all you'll have time to do before Winnie turns you into poo.
    I can appreciate what you're saying about the extremely short barrels but I was thinking more in terms of the 14". I just won't buy a barrel without a sight. As for custom, likely, but they are out there. The bead on my 14" Ithaca is much taller than the bead on my old Wingmaster with 18" barrel. I imagine that you'll have complaints either way. Can't please everyone.

  10. #50
    CGN Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Terrace, BC
    Posts
    572
    Quote Originally Posted by Dlask Arms View Post
    We bought a few Mossberg parts. There just *may* be something in the works...just maybe.
    Oh donít be a tease like that!!!! Iíve been on the hunt for something like that for YEARS!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •