Chiappa M1-9 NSR Carbine 9mm 19" Non-Restricted

I have a fake aimpoint. That would be the perfect marriage, kind of like the type 81 LMG clubfoot married to the hunchback of Notre Dame. But not at this price.

I can kind of see what the goal was here...make something that previously wasn't 'tacticool' and try and re-envision it with the typical 'tacticool' mods, but it really doesn't work. Kind of like a Bubba SKS in an after market stock. Guess it depends on your age...

The original version with the wood stock and looks of the M1 Carbine was kind of neat and pretty cheap.

I gather they would actually run pretty well with ammo with heavier bullets, 147 being the best. As a range toy, the odd jam isn't a deal killer.

At the proposed price point, why anyone would buy this over a similarly priced Ruger PC 9 would be a real mystery to me.

I can kind of see what the goal was here...make something that previously wasn't 'tacticool' and try and re-envision it with the typical 'tacticool' mods, but it really doesn't work. Kind of like a Bubba SKS in an after market stock. Guess it depends on your age...

The original version with the wood stock and looks of the M1 Carbine was kind of neat and pretty cheap.

I gather they would actually run pretty well with ammo with heavier bullets, 147 being the best. As a range toy, the odd jam isn't a deal killer.

At the proposed price point, why anyone would buy this over a similarly priced Ruger PC 9 would be a real mystery to me.

Two words: Beretta mags

Great minds think alike... too funny we posted that at the same time

Yupp ^ ;) funny thing is I got one for $300 shipped, {EE} & modified an Israeli Folding Choat stock, so, it doesn't look too bad in that, with the 30rnd profile mag = almost ###ii! & really do hope it's reliable, still havent got to shoot it..

I mean it fills the 9mm NR PCC gap between the $500 hipoint (which is limited to 5rds, doesn't use a commonly available mag and IMO pretty dam ugly even compared to this) and the 1k+ options like the PC9 (base model is $940++ currently). Tenda and others have the M1-9 NSR for $760 and for that price I think it has a decent place in NR 9mm carbine category for a rifle with 10rds and common mags. Will make a fine camp companion and plinker. We've all seen prices creep up on NR semi autos throughout the last year. The Ruger PC9 used to be an $800 rifle but now its closer to 1k. That's the reality of it and this rifle would have probably been a $600~ last year. Times are changing.

Last edited:
Model courtesy of SFRC, thanks Ryan!

kIyEdgq.jpg

Back
Top Bottom