CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NEW Vortex Spitfire HD Gen II 3x in Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Foxer2373 View Post
    I’ll let you know, these all come with 2 mounts as well the high mount for AR’s and lower mounts for in line guns... I’ll have to see how it all mounts though.

As for the eye relief, normally Vortex shoots on the low end and it’s better than expected. 2.6” on a 45/70 won’t be an issue, the issue will be on the RDB the rail will put the optic closer to 3.5” with it being mounted fully back on the rail.

Personally I have lots of options on what these can go on and they look to be an awesome optic I won’t be sad if they don’t do exactly what I want.
    Sounds good let me know! haha and enjoy!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxer2373 View Post
    ....the issue will be on the RDB the rail will put the optic closer to 3.5” with it being mounted fully back on the rail.
    It looks like the approx 1" cantilever should make up the difference for you....

These next generation smaller and lighter low power prismatic optics look great!
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage View Post
    the 2" eye relief is kinda close isn't it ? gonna give a person a bad eye day pretty easy. For the price I think a 1-6 or 1-8 strike eagle would be a better choice wouldn't it
    Completely different optic type, these are more for fast “bac” type aiming, like (insert well known military optic here)
    I tried everything and a prism is so much lighter (I dunno how much this weights though) that if you can master bac aiming, there is no need for an lpvo and its size and delicacy and complications

We received more of the Spitfire HD Gen II 3x optics. Still waiting on the 5x Other available stock has been replenished as well.

CLICK HERE to see the Spitfire HD Gen II 3x.

CLICK HERE to see our entire Vortex inventory.

Or, visit us in store to see the only Vortex Boutique in Canada - carrying every Vortex SKU available to the Canadian market.

Select Shooting Supplies
    200 Preston Parkway
    Cambridge, Ontario
    N3H 5N1

(519) 219-4867

Visit our Website
    Like us on Facebook
    Follow us on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage View Post
    the 2" eye relief is kinda close isn't it ? gonna give a person a bad eye day pretty easy. For the price I think a 1-6 or 1-8 strike eagle would be a better choice wouldn't it
    It's the nature of prism optics. Eye relief is very short. That's why ACOGs are as far back on the receiver as possible.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer driller212's Avatar
    You can't go wrong with these. I bought a spitfire used and wanted the low mount for it and vortex shipped me one no questions asked. There is noone that does warranty/customer service like vortex.
    Shootin' stuff in the Wild West

"Somehow, democracy has become a selection of stale left-overs that no one wants".- HWally

What's the cost on the 5x model?
    "A gun is not a weapon, Marge, it's a tool. Like a butcher's knife or a harpoon, or...or an alligator."

CCFR/NFA Member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by apexanimal View Post
    Looks like the eye relief and general design precludes the usage of backup irons. For that reason i am out. Could have been mitigated by including their quick release lever on this optic, for the price point they definitely should have imo.
    These fixed optics with etched retilces should be pretty reliable but you could run offset irons if you wanted backups and with the 5X the sights would be handy for up close shooting.
    The mount looks pretty standard and could be swapped out for quick release or a torx key in your kit would probably take under 30 seconds to remove.

The 1 moa clicks is courser then I'd like.... I wonder why they did that?

The price is like most things today.... more! At least it comes with improvements ( if you like the weight and size reduction)
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

Quote Originally Posted by vultr View Post
    What's the cost on the 5x model?
    We're still waiting on arrival. They'll retail at $629.00
    Select Shooting Supplies
    200 Preston Parkway
    Cambridge, Ontario
    N3H 5N1

(519) 219-4867

Visit our Website
    Like us on Facebook
    Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12