Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: WS MCR / WK180 Match Grade barrels!

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar

Lightbulb WS MCR / WK180 Match Grade barrels!

We are turning barrels for the WS MCR and WK 180!

Barrels are 18.6" length, chambered in 223 wylde with a 1 in 8 twist, depending on interest we may look into other calibers as well.
    These are specifically built for the piston system on these 180b style rifles, with a reduced gas port to optimize cycling.

We are offering two contours, light and medium. The light contour is 1.75 lbs, and the Medium is 2.35 lbs.
    The muzzles are threaded 1/2x28 tpi, and are either polished stainless or matte stainless for the base price of $550.
    Or can be cerakoted any one colour that we stock (a long list) for an additional cost of $75.

We are accepting orders and delivery is estimated to be about 6 weeks, for our guys in the back to get them made.

Stay tuned for other upgrades we are looking into for these rifles.
    1 in 7 or 1 in 9 twist are available by request.

Email us at info@albertatacticalrifle.com to order!
    Last edited by ATRS Shaun; 02-05-2021 at 07:07 PM.

CGN frequent flyer
    Do you know how heavy the factory MCR barrel is?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Can you make shorter barrels on request for restricted WK builds?

Also, can you make the barrels in 18.6" length or shorter with no gas port for manual action straight pull receivers? People could send them back to you to have a gas port drilled in if the OIC is overturned, or keep the shorter ones for non-restricted manual action short barreled rifles.

The guys at the ghost named manufacturer in Sherwood Park were planning on selling complete rifles using their straight pull receiver eventually, but they currently don't make barrels, and I'm sure they would be honoured to have your barrels on their firearms.
    Last edited by Ustauk; 02-05-2021 at 07:53 PM.

Awesome atrs! Glad to see you guys are tinkering with the 180.

Sooo.. when’s the atrs-180 coming ?

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by johhny12gauge View Post

THIS. What do the old barrels weigh?

Quote Originally Posted by diemaco View Post
    THIS. What do the old barrels weigh?
    I didn't write it down so don't take it as gospel, but I think it was 2lb 4oz.
    I do remember thinking that there was not a lot of weight to shave bbl wise.
    He can't shoot like that with a stock Savage and a Bushnell scope

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by johhny12gauge View Post
    In a decimal: 2.17 lbs. So our light barrel does remove a little over half a pound hanging off the front of the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by Ustauk View Post
    Can you make shorter barrels on request for restricted WK builds?

Also, can you make the barrels in 18.6" length or shorter with no gas port for manual action straight pull receivers? People could send them back to you to have a gas port drilled in if the OIC is overturned, or keep the shorter ones for non-restricted manual action short barreled rifles.

The guys at the ghost named manufacturer in Sherwood Park were planning on selling complete rifles using their straight pull receiver eventually, but they currently don't make barrels, and I'm sure they would be honoured to have your barrels on their firearms.
    We've already been making short barrels without gas ports for some of these "straight pull" designs. They're just custom and honestly haven't seen a huge demand.
    We could in theory make a short barrel for a WK but that is not one of the options we are offering right now, and we are seeing very long delays in entering verified changes to classifications right now/for the last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Battleworn View Post
    Awesome atrs! Glad to see you guys are tinkering with the 180.

Sooo.. when’s the atrs-180 coming ?
    Frankly, I feel that our ability to develop new designs is currently impeded by threat of the Government of Canada. Technically could we make one? Yes, easily. Could we make it really nice... yes... as nice as a 180 can be.

Am I concerned that would potentially cause the RCMP-SFSS (whom we are suing) to ban the 180 in retaliation (disguised as benevolence) ? Yes.. Yes I am. So an ATRS-180 is not on the drawing table at this time. Don't worry, I have other ideas to enhance some of the existing designs out there...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Thanks for responding to my questions! I will post to the straight pull builds thread in the Black Rifle subforum that you have custom barrels available.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ATRS Shaun View Post
    In a decimal: 2.17 lbs. So our light barrel does remove a little over half a pound hanging off the front of the rifle.

We've already been making short barrels without gas ports for some of these "straight pull" designs. They're just custom and honestly haven't seen a huge demand.
    We could in theory make a short barrel for a WK but that is not one of the options we are offering right now, and we are seeing very long delays in entering verified changes to classifications right now/for the last year.

Frankly, I feel that our ability to develop new designs is currently impeded by threat of the Government of Canada. Technically could we make one? Yes, easily. Could we make it really nice... yes... as nice as a 180 can be.

Am I concerned that would potentially cause the RCMP-SFSS (whom we are suing) to ban the 180 in retaliation (disguised as benevolence) ? Yes.. Yes I am. So an ATRS-180 is not on the drawing table at this time. Don't worry, I have other ideas to enhance some of the existing designs out there...
    Are you still selling new MCR's? I wanna go to range again and would like to support you anyway I can.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    ^
    Indeed, if you don't want to do your own design, may I suggest you get some WX-MCR receivers in the white from Xtreme Shooting Centre, take the time to round the sharp edges noted by others, and then use the receiver along with a proprietary parts kit to make made to order custom rifles, using your own barrels, high end hand guards, pistol grips, and butt stocks, and cerakoting the rifle to one of the colours you provide. There was another retailer that had a large thread of people wanting a higher end 180 variant imported from the States, but that project is on indefinite hold due to in-American firearm demand and politics. You could feed that demand, but limit your risk by only doing a few rifles at a time. Just a thought.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast