Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Made in Canada Spall Coated Level 3+ Steel Plates 199.99 per Pair

tagged
    There's a difference between living and living free...

Business Member
    We have some updates. First of all we have implemented a new system to ensure the plates come off the line looking as pristine as we can make them. The unintended side effect of this is that the effectiveness of the spall coat was increased by a little bit, not massively but enough to be noticeable. All of you should have gotten your tracking numbers yesterday and today and we will be shipping them out shortly.

Nice

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by AITacticalSolutions View Post
    We have some updates. First of all we have implemented a new system to ensure the plates come off the line looking as pristine as we can make them. The unintended side effect of this is that the effectiveness of the spall coat was increased by a little bit, not massively but enough to be noticeable. All of you should have gotten your tracking numbers yesterday and today and we will be shipping them out shortly.
    Can you explain how my plates are not as effective as this update? what is the difference?
    Thank you

nm.
    Last edited by mclmm; 04-22-2021 at 10:28 AM.
    I'm Irish...

Of course I know how to patch drywall.

Quote Originally Posted by THESEUS View Post
    Can you explain how my plates are not as effective as this update? what is the difference?
    Thank you

"The unintended side effect of this is that the effectiveness of the spall coat was increased by a little bit"

Its all good.
    LEST WE FORGET
    I Will Not Seal My Fate Without a Fight, If You See Me Running, I Run To The Front.
    Member of NFA CCFR CSSA NRA DTOM CATI LEFTY MAFIA

When can we expect more being made?

Are your LVL4 ceramics also Canadian made?
    "And on the 4th day, God created guns; to hunt the dinosaurs, and the homosexuals"
    I'm a dangerous f@ggot.

Business Member
    The difference is that we run these plates through secondary heat cycle now to make sure that the top layers are bonded properly and don't lift at the edges. Just to make sure that the edges come out clean and presentable compared to how they where before. Because the resins and composites we use are thermal cured the additional heat cycle actually increases their toughness by a couple percent making the whole top layer a little more capable in handling spall. The difference is minor but in our testing the ones we tested before could handle 6-7 rounds before the spall coat started to lift off while the new batch can handle 7-8 before a similar result. Of course this depends on the round being tested and other factors such as shot placement. I hope this answered your question in as much detail as you require.

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by THESEUS View Post
    Thank you
    The difference is that we run these plates through secondary heat cycle now to make sure that the top layers are bonded properly and don't lift at the edges. Just to make sure that the edges come out clean and presentable compared to how they where before. Because the resins and composites we use are thermal cured the additional heat cycle actually increases their toughness by a couple percent making the whole top layer a little more capable in handling spall. The difference is minor but in our testing the ones we tested before could handle 6-7 rounds before the spall coat started to lift off while the new batch can handle 7-8 before a similar result. Of course this depends on the round being tested and other factors such as shot placement. I hope this answered your question in as much detail as you require.