Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 35678910111213141516171819202123 ... LastLast

Thread: Made in Canada Spall Coated Level 3+ Steel Plates 199.99 per Pair

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by K9CEL View Post
    Very interested, can you post pictures of the shot plates? Curious to see how the anti-spall holds up ! Thanks
    We just had a chance to do the shooting on a proper production plate and the results even beat our pre-production tests. The pictures will be up in the next couple minutes. But just a quick description the spall coat ate 5 rounds of 9mm and 1 round of .30-06 with no spalling being launched perpendicular from the impacts. We even advanced to 3 feet from the plate for the shooting and we where not hit by any spall straight back. The way we conducted the test is we use the box method where we put the plate in a cardboard box and see if any of the spall impacted the cardboard surrounding the plate and there was nothing.

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Octane View Post
    I would like to put my name in for the preorder early in case I miss the next one. Is this possible? I can pay....''''flaps $$$'''''
    Send us an email at Arthur@AITacticalSolutions.com and we will put a pair aside for you.

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AITacticalSolutions View Post
    Just a quick update. We will be shipping out orders starting next week and we will be fulfilling them in the same order we received them in so expect to receive your tracking numbers between Wednesday and Friday. Also we did the math slightly wrong when calculating the quantity of materials we have in the shop and we actually have enough to do a second batch the moment we get this first one out to you guys. So any of you who missed out on the initial run we will be putting the plates back up for sale once we get the pre-orders out.
    Also just a quick update there have been some issues and based on our math we are about one to two days behind schedule. We apologize for this but want to make you aware of things as they come up. We have almost a third of the orders ready to go as of this moment and we expect that we will have them all ready to go by the end of the week.

Business Member
    Please find the photo of the tested plate attached here. As we said previously the spall coat catches most of the spall and what isn’t caught is ejected straight backwards to protect your extremities and neck from any spall that would travel along the plate. This plate took 5 rounds of 9mm and 1 round of .30-06. There was practically no noticeable deformation on the back of the plate but if you would like a photo let us know. Take a guess as to which was the .30-06.
    Name:  5D08CE32-CA2F-4095-BAE5-41F3B23D1285.jpg
Views: 345
Size:  105.9 KB

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Please find the photo of the tested plate attached here. As we said previously the spall coat catches most of the spall and what isn’t caught is ejected straight backwards to protect your extremities and neck from any spall that would travel along the plate. This plate took 5 rounds of 9mm and 1 round of .30-06. There was practically no noticeable deformation on the back of the plate but if you would like a photo let us know. Take a guess as to which was the .30-06.
    Name:  5D08CE32-CA2F-4095-BAE5-41F3B23D1285.jpg
Views: 345
Size:  105.9 KB
    Nice, just for my information, once these plates are hit once or multiple times in an encounter, they are done!? As in you wouldn't trust them again for the next encounter! This is what I assume as they did their job but you would then need a new plate, I figure this would be the case no matter what type of armour you wear!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

CGN Ultra frequent flyer SteelCap's Avatar
    Send us an email at Arthur@AITacticalSolutions.com and we will put a pair aside for you.
    Email sent.

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdbldr View Post
    Nice, just for my information, once these plates are hit once or multiple times in an encounter, they are done!? As in you wouldn't trust them again for the next encounter! This is what I assume as they did their job but you would then need a new plate, I figure this would be the case no matter what type of armour you wear!
    Yes We have found in our testing that once the plates is hit around 6 plus times (depending on the cartridge, I'm sure you could take .22 rounds until the plate jingled like a coin purse) the spall coat will delaminate from the steel. That's the time when the plate will no longer be effective. Even the spall from the round that causes the delamination will be caught so it is a very visible reminder that the plate is no longer spall protected and you should probably start looking for a replacement. However if you are just looking to stop the bullets the steel will continue stopping rounds until it eventually work hardens and stress cracks which could take dozens if not hundreds of rounds. But as for your question its generally common practice to get a new plate once your existing one has been shot. Its already done its job in catching a round and while it could take more its best to not push your luck too far.

Email sent

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Yes We have found in our testing that once the plates is hit around 6 plus times (depending on the cartridge, I'm sure you could take .22 rounds until the plate jingled like a coin purse) the spall coat will delaminate from the steel. That's the time when the plate will no longer be effective. Even the spall from the round that causes the delamination will be caught so it is a very visible reminder that the plate is no longer spall protected and you should probably start looking for a replacement. However if you are just looking to stop the bullets the steel will continue stopping rounds until it eventually work hardens and stress cracks which could take dozens if not hundreds of rounds. But as for your question its generally common practice to get a new plate once your existing one has been shot. Its already done its job in catching a round and while it could take more its best to not push your luck too far.
    Awesome explanation, makes complete sense!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

CGN Regular
    Did so as well!