Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 818202122232425262728

Thread: Made in Canada Spall Coated Level 3+ Steel Plates 199.99 per Pair

Would it be possible to get some exact thickness measurements for these plates? The ones that I have seen were precisely 9mm thick so I am wonder if the manufacturer is adjusting the coating thickness first from 8mm to 10mm and now to 9mm (08/2021), to give just enough coating to the steel plate. I thinner coating could be insufficient and a thicker coating may result in other issues with the product quality. Thanks in advance for your comments
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Franklin
    Liberty is a well-informed and well-armed lamb contesting the vote. Not mine

So I see you're out of 3A plates.
    Just a desire to drop the 'advanced shooters cut and just stick to shooters cut. Picky I know, I'm sorry.
    Oh and a sale on them when they come back again because well... because. Also, if cheap enough, I'd get 2 pairs.

Looks like you are sold out of armour packages, shoot me a pm I’ll take two when you get them back in stock

Business Member
    Not a problem the thickness that I just took is 9.5mm +-0.03mm. We have been playing around with final aesthetic coatings and this is what we have settled on. The actual composition is identical, and the +- 1mm is how we managed to fix the rough edges that plagued the production for the first run.

Business Member
    Yes we had a government client that cleared us out and we are currently in the process of restocking. As for the cut that's what we have programmed for our cutter so we might change but as of this moment its more of a special order item if you want a different cut. As for a sale you will have to wait for a bit. We do have a couple sales planned soon so just keep your eye out.

Business Member
    We actually should have them back in stock by next week. I can shoot you a pm when they're back in, or you can send us an email or call whatever is more convenient for you.

Quote Originally Posted by AITacticalSolutions View Post
    Yes we had a government client that cleared us out and we are currently in the process of restocking. As for the cut that's what we have programmed for our cutter so we might change but as of this moment its more of a special order item if you want a different cut. As for a sale you will have to wait for a bit. We do have a couple sales planned soon so just keep your eye out.
    Understandable folks. It's just that every other armour you have is shooters cut, the 3a is the only one in an advanced shooters cut which, while more mobile, is just that little bit less coverage. Of course, I could stand to trim down myself a bit. :-)

Business Member
    Due to the ongoing supply issues and material shortages we have been left with no option but to increase the price of these plates. We have been able to eat material cost increases until now but it has sadly reached a point that we can't continue to produce these plates unless we increase the price. We sincerely apologize for this and if and when these supply issues are sorted we will bring the price back down. However we thought that this is unfair to drop on all of you without some recourse. To that end we are keeping the price the same for this new production run. After that we have no choice but to fully implement the increased price. Once again we beg your forgiveness for having to do this as we have always wanted our armor to be as affordable as possible. This first batch is estimated to be ready in 3-4 weeks.

- Sincerely

The team at AI Tactical

Do you recommend using trauma pads with these plates? Back face deformation will be minimal, granted, but I'm thinking for additional padding between the plate and the carrier itself.
    “The lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves.”

Quote Originally Posted by AITacticalSolutions View Post
    Due to the ongoing supply issues and material shortages we have been left with no option but to increase the price of these plates. We have been able to eat material cost increases until now but it has sadly reached a point that we can't continue to produce these plates unless we increase the price. We sincerely apologize for this and if and when these supply issues are sorted we will bring the price back down. However we thought that this is unfair to drop on all of you without some recourse. To that end we are keeping the price the same for this new production run. After that we have no choice but to fully implement the increased price. Once again we beg your forgiveness for having to do this as we have always wanted our armor to be as affordable as possible. This first batch is estimated to be ready in 3-4 weeks.

- Sincerely

The team at AI Tactical
    Would like to grab another set. Any idea on eta? Thanks