Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181921 ... LastLast

Thread: Made in Canada Spall Coated Level 3+ Steel Plates 199.99 per Pair

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdbldr View Post
    Same reason you buy any self defence piece of equipment, example, if I owned a farm or lived in a rural area that was frequented by drunk gangs looking to tear up your gear and hurt your family, you know, where the rcmp is at least 45 minutes away, do I am the only thing between them and my family and if I go down they go down, I would want this type of kit, to help me stand a bit longer against marauders for my family!
    Or could be just for $#!ts and giggles! Myself, I am in a province that banned body armour except for LE, to make communities safer!
    It also may help when zombies roam the earth!
    But Bill Blair says the rule of law will protect my family...

The joke in our house is might as well call 912 there’s a good chance whoever answers will show up before the 911 guys... nothing against law enforcement here but with where I am, had someone break into my house looking for drugs, I was able to get rid of them, 37min till the cops arrived “seems they have left and we can’t find them”. Neighbor had their car stolen middle of the night, cops showed up next day to take the statement, found it a few hours later in a parking lot in town, no arrests no charges ever filed on it.
    Hearts and Minds; Two best places to shoot
    Fighting in a basement provides challenges, Number 1 your fighting in a basement!

Quote Originally Posted by Foxer2373 View Post
    But Bill Blair says the rule of law will protect my family...

The joke in our house is might as well call 912 there’s a good chance whoever answers will show up before the 911 guys... nothing against law enforcement here but with where I am, had someone break into my house looking for drugs, I was able to get rid of them, 37min till the cops arrived “seems they have left and we can’t find them”. Neighbor had their car stolen middle of the night, cops showed up next day to take the statement, found it a few hours later in a parking lot in town, no arrests no charges ever filed on it.
    you basically have to do the cops job for them. My community watch group just got a mentally ill man that has been terrorising our rural neighborhood arrested. Even after he broke into over a dozen houses/rvs rcmp still woulnt make the trip up when he was spotted. Community member let us know that he was in town at a gas station. called rcmp and the cops in town finally picked him up. To be released same day with a court date....
    Freedom Isn't Free.

Quote Originally Posted by booch View Post
    I have a question that really is just out of interest, no hidden meanings or sarcasm.
    What purpose are you guys buying these for? Military, LEO?
    You see a lot of 3-gun, IPSC, etc type people with them. Although everyone SHOULD know what they are doing, accidents can happen on a live fire dynamic range
    Anyone doing any Long-Range, Pistol, or Action-Shooting in or around the Elk Valley/Crowsnest Pass? I'd love to tag along, send me a PM

Quote Originally Posted by booch View Post
    I have a question that really is just out of interest, no hidden meanings or sarcasm.
    What purpose are you guys buying these for? Military, LEO?
    Most of us is for Zombie Apocalypse.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Helka View Post
    Most of us is for Zombie Apocalypse.
    Yep, friggin zombies would take a while chewing through that!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    There are several reasons to own. In case things go south especially if your rural and like others have said need to be the protector of the family. At ranges where dynamic fire is going, or in the bush dogging as a precaution. Or use them as a work out tool to add weight to various exercises. Which seems to be growing in popularity.

I did not get a pal verification email.

Quote Originally Posted by cerebral_bore View Post
    I did not get a pal verification email.
    I think we get the email just before it ships.

CGN frequent flyer
    I got my verification email less than an hour after I ordered, back when they first hit the website.

CGN frequent flyer diabeticfreak's Avatar
    I like that you're keeping things Canadian!
    "The greatest honour history can bestow is that of the peacemaker."