Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chiappa M1-9 NSR in stock

Very helpful, thanks for posting.

Thanks for the range review. Can you confirm that bolt does lock open on empty mag when shooting? How secure does the front portion of the top rail feel? To me it looks like that top hand guard piece could potentially have some play in it ? Care to post any pictures? Some without the barrel shroud would be nice too. Thanks

The bolt does indeed lock back on an empty mag, but there is no hold-open when you remove the mag.

The upper handguard locks in nice and tight. I felt no play in it when using it, or after I reassembled it after cleaning. It fits in under a lip in the receiver and under the endcap. There is a screw on the bottom of the fore end that also helps apply more tension.

I'm stupid and don't know how to post pictures. I have pics of the barrel and the shroud threads, but I don't know how to post them here. If anyone can walk me through that, I'd appreciate it.
    These Liberal Politicians were designed for one purpose and one purpose only; To deceive the largest amount of people in the shortest amount of time. There is no use, and no place, for such politicians in Canada.

Appreciate it! I have one on order. For pictures, you could head over to imgur website, upload the pics into an album and then post the link here.
    One more question, the other mags you had that ran flawlessly, were those Chiappa mags or beretta mags?

Give me a few minutes to figure out the imgur thing lol. It looks like some sort of fever-dream meme site...

As for the mags, 2 of them came from my original Chiappa M1-9, and 1 of them was from my Girsan Regard (a Turkish Beretta 92 clone).
    These Liberal Politicians were designed for one purpose and one purpose only; To deceive the largest amount of people in the shortest amount of time. There is no use, and no place, for such politicians in Canada.

Yeah, so, it says I can't link pics because I have not "contributed enough to the forum". Not sure what to do about that....

CGN Regular
    The follower on the mags that mine came with sit higher when empty. Noticeably above the lips. The hold open is the bolt resting against the follower. My mec-gar mags worked flawlessly in it but won’t act as a hold open.

Did your Girsan mags hold the bolt open?

I’ve got the regular wood version but I can’t see it would be any different on the nsr.

If it is the same as the M1-9, the bolt will lock back on the last round with the supplied magazines. However when the magazine is removed the bolt will go forward as it is held back only by the follower.

There is a fix for the sight that involves drilling a shallow hole in the dovetail for the set screw once the gun is sighted in. This eliminates the tendency for the rear sight to wander left and right.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Thanks, I already heard enough that I won't buy this.

I will play around with every mag I have (not just the ones I previously mentioned) and let you guys know how they all work this weekend. The action is identical between this one and the original, so your Mec-Gar mags would probably function the same way. Personally, I don't have much issue with a hold-open; I count every round I discharge.
    *Click, but no Bang->Problem*

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast