Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 245678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: An update on ATRS vs the federal government action.

Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    Unfortunately there are far too many scams running around, so I totally understand your thinking.
    For what it is worth however, I can assure you every penny that comes through our legal email system goes directly into the trust account.
    I find it funny that so many guys that have donated have assumed alter egos.
    My intent should we win this is to repay everyone who has supported our cause.
    In my opinion, the best way to "repay" our donations if we win would be to crank out rifles/receiver-combos. Like, around the clock. Complete guns, barreled receivers, or just receivers; whatever you can. I don't want anything back from you guys except the chance to buy your rifles again, and a lot of them.

No need to repay! We do not donate to get our money back. We donate to help do what we can to help you fight these devil bastards

Quote Originally Posted by Lancelot82 View Post
    In my opinion, the best way to "repay" our donations if we win would be to crank out rifles/receiver-combos. Like, around the clock. Complete guns, barreled receivers, or just receivers; whatever you can. I don't want anything back from you guys except the chance to buy your rifles again, and a lot of them.
    This, donated! Let’s keep it going!!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer DaveMachine's Avatar
    Win the case and put your money into pumping out more NR semi goodness.

CGN Regular
    I never heard of donating and then getting your money back

Where we at with this whole thing? Making headway? going good?

CGN Regular
    I get paid this Thursday. Will donate then. You all can hold me to it

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ...swiss... View Post
    Where we at with this whole thing? Making headway? going good?
    Many motions are being worked on. Some to force the government to not use 1 lawyer for all defendants. To me this seems very logical as there are differing actions against different defendants so how 1 lawyer can represent all eludes me. Sorta like a gang getting busted and some members being charged with murder , some for rape and some for theft. How can all stand before 1 judge and be represented by 1 lawyer. It also flies in the face of fair representation. With luck we can get the AG disbarred.

Word has it that part of the CCFR's big case failed in the last few days. Their motion to overturn the unlawfully changed FRTs apparently was rejected, leaving them and other plaintiffs with having to pay the governments costs.
    This means our case will be all that stands between the FRT being accepted as law by the government agencies and having the rcmp's SFSS boys having their wings clipped.
    What a win for our case would potentially mean is that over 8000 unlawfully changed FRTs would then have to have their original status returned.

For the good of ALL Canadian gun owners we HAVE to win this case, and in order to continue the action we still need financial support. IF the feds succeed in bankrupting us before the action sees a judge the action dies, and this is exactly how the feds are playing this.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

CGN Regular
    Donation inbound now

Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    Many motions are being worked on. Some to force the government to not use 1 lawyer for all defendants. To me this seems very logical as there are differing actions against different defendants so how 1 lawyer can represent all eludes me. Sorta like a gang getting busted and some members being charged with murder , some for rape and some for theft. How can all stand before 1 judge and be represented by 1 lawyer. It also flies in the face of fair representation. With luck we can get the AG disbarred.

Word has it that part of the CCFR's big case failed in the last few days. Their motion to overturn the unlawfully changed FRTs apparently was rejected, leaving them and other plaintiffs with having to pay the governments costs.
    This means our case will be all that stands between the FRT being accepted as law by the government agencies and having the rcmp's SFSS boys having their wings clipped.
    What a win for our case would potentially mean is that over 8000 unlawfully changed FRTs would then have to have their original status returned.

For the good of ALL Canadian gun owners we HAVE to win this case, and in order to continue the action we still need financial support. IF the feds succeed in bankrupting us before the action sees a judge the action dies, and this is exactly how the feds are playing this.
    That's not really an accurate description of what the procedural Order in CCFR v Canada said. The FRT argument is very much alive and well in our case and we've received confirmation and clarity on that from Justice Gagne, who ruled that in our case:

"[32] ... the legal issue of sub-delegation can form part of the Applicants’ challenges to the Regulations. This means that in their challenges to the Regulations, the Applicants can refer to the FRT as well as to the fact that firearms they own received new technical opinions following the promulgation of the Regulations. In that sense, the mere existence of technical opinions is, in my view, still very much on the table.
    [33] The Applicants will be able to argue that the words “variant” and “modified version” found in the Regulations led the GIC to impermissibly sub-delegate its authority to the RCMP by way of the FRT...."

Justice Gagne dismissed an application we brought for permission to review some or all of the FRT decisions as separate decisions in our case, and confirmed that we can instead carry on to attack the whole regime, which is what we wanted to do in the first place, and which is exactly what we are still doing.

As always we've got a discussion going in our group if you want to drop in and participate: https://www.facebook.com/groups/CCFR...73421112781944

Cheers!