Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 35678910111213

Thread: Breaking: CCFR injunction unsuccessful, but it's not over

CGN Ultra frequent flyer btabin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMachine View Post
    Go ahead, vote your values. But if voting your values results in the country in ruin then I'd suggest you should probably start questioning your values.[

But I suppose it's easier not to, so here we are.
    That's quite subjective, ain't it? One man's ruins is another's paradise.
    I suck at responding to PMs. Don't take it personally.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by btabin View Post
    That's quite subjective, ain't it? One man's ruins is another's paradise.
    Fundamentally, if you believe that the Liberals are building a society that is your paradise, that's great for you, vote for them. It's weird that you participate in a sport or activity that isn't included in that paradise, however.

ALCON:

Here's the link to the court's decision:

https://decisions.fct-cf.gc.ca/fc-cf...92677/index.do

I'm very curious about category of alleged harm #4 (para's #53 and #54). How long ago was Murray Smith a member of the Forces? I am quite certain that weapons handling and marksmanship training have gone through several iterations since he last served. I don't understand how he can be considered an expert with regards to commenting on what current serving members require. Wouldn't there be an opportunity to challenge the veracity of Mr. Smith's assertions about the affects on members of the Canadian Armed Forces?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer btabin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by somethingspecial View Post
    Fundamentally, if you believe that the Liberals are building a society that is your paradise, that's great for you, vote for them. It's weird that you participate in a sport or activity that isn't included in that paradise, however.
    I don't personally but I'm speaking in general. I have a problem with a lot of the close-minded attitudes present on this forum and don't hesitate to call it out, as I feel it's detrimental to the firearms community as a whole.
    I suck at responding to PMs. Don't take it personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry514 View Post
    im never voting for liberals again...
    same

Quote Originally Posted by dmaxdon View Post
    ALCON:

Here's the link to the court's decision:

https://decisions.fct-cf.gc.ca/fc-cf...92677/index.do

I'm very curious about category of alleged harm #4 (para's #53 and #54). How long ago was Murray Smith a member of the Forces? I am quite certain that weapons handling and marksmanship training have gone through several iterations since he last served. I don't understand how he can be considered an expert with regards to commenting on what current serving members require. Wouldn't there be an opportunity to challenge the veracity of Mr. Smith's assertions about the affects on members of the Canadian Armed Forces?
    He was no weapons tech or expert, I believe reservist and only for a handful of years

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 35678910111213