Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: praise for MDT out-of-warranty service

CGN Ultra frequent flyer acrashb's Avatar

praise for MDT out-of-warranty service

An example of fantastic service from MDT.

In 2011 I acquired one of the first TAC21 chassis for my ancient Remington 700 SA in .308; it has shot very well. I ran the chassis with a Troy Battle Ax CQB stock on a Stag milspec carbine buffer tube / castle nut / endplate.

Fast forward to late 2020, I picked up an MDT SRS stock to replace the Battle Ax, trading into the locked-down and highly adjustable SRS from the looser fit, less adjustable, but rapid LOP adjustment of the Battle Ax (which is a great stock for the AR-15 FOW and works very well on a bench).

The SRS did not fit the TAC21 chassis: the chassis cap was out of spec, and the lower locating boss on the SRS was too large for the too-small pocket in the chassis cap, even though my milspec endplate had fit fine in the pocket (much looser tolerances with the endplate).

I would have been happy just sending the chassis cap back to MDT to have the pocket re-machined, but MDT has replaced my 2011 TAC21 with a brand-new Gen 2 version of the TAC21.

Outstanding.

A big shout-out to Anthony at MDT who was prompt, clear, courteous, and overall an exemplar of good customer service behaviour. Start to finish – first email to receipt of the replacement chassis – was 23 working days. Not bad.

At their request, I’m shipping the original chassis back with an MDT-provided label, presumably for their inspection and investigation into how QA missed the under-sized pocket.
    "THINK" - Watson

My semi-famous progressive reloading video, and getting-there high-volume 223 video.

My less-famous "common questions and answers" page - pics and text. Primer crimp removal, case trimming, etc.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Nice! Quality team working there.

They recently helped me out when I ruined an action screw, (completely 100% my fault), and they promptly took care of me. It’s nice to know you can buy from them with confidence.

Always great to hear of companies standing behind their product. Cheers to MDT.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer TreMoR's Avatar
    Mdt have the best customer service that i have seen and excellent products....
    « When injustice becomes law, resistance is a duty » - « Quand l'injustice devient loi, la résistance est un devoir » by : Thomas Jefferson.

MDT has fantastic customer service. I created a thread on here a while back asking if anyone knew the sling stud thread size on a LSS chassis, as I lost mine. MDT reached out and mailed me a new one free of charge. Great company.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Import's Avatar
    Ditto....fantastic customer service...speedy solution.no questions asked..

Wow, this is excellent news. I have two of their chassis. One GEN 2 LSS-RF for a Tikka T1X and a GEN 2 LSS on a Savage 10A in .308. Excellent products!
    Make Justin Trudeau a drama teacher again,

High River, Never Forget

Can't say enough good things about this company. Quality products and top shelf customer service. Just got an email showing their new Vertical Elite Grip. Add innovative to the list of attributes.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Buster95's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Forest1488 View Post
    Can't say enough good things about this company. Quality products and top shelf customer service. Just got an email showing their new Vertical Elite Grip. Add innovative to the list of attributes.
    +1000

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by acrashb View Post
    An example of fantastic service from MDT.

In 2011 I acquired one of the first TAC21 chassis for my ancient Remington 700 SA in .308; it has shot very well. I ran the chassis with a Troy Battle Ax CQB stock on a Stag milspec carbine buffer tube / castle nut / endplate.

Fast forward to late 2020, I picked up an MDT SRS stock to replace the Battle Ax, trading into the locked-down and highly adjustable SRS from the looser fit, less adjustable, but rapid LOP adjustment of the Battle Ax (which is a great stock for the AR-15 FOW and works very well on a bench).

The SRS did not fit the TAC21 chassis: the chassis cap was out of spec, and the lower locating boss on the SRS was too large for the too-small pocket in the chassis cap, even though my milspec endplate had fit fine in the pocket (much looser tolerances with the endplate).

I would have been happy just sending the chassis cap back to MDT to have the pocket re-machined, but MDT has replaced my 2011 TAC21 with a brand-new Gen 2 version of the TAC21.

Outstanding.

A big shout-out to Anthony at MDT who was prompt, clear, courteous, and overall an exemplar of good customer service behaviour. Start to finish – first email to receipt of the replacement chassis – was 23 working days. Not bad.

At their request, I’m shipping the original chassis back with an MDT-provided label, presumably for their inspection and investigation into how QA missed the under-sized pocket.
    My experience with Anthony was the same when dealing with Black Friday website issues. He went above and beyond for me. Very happy.
    Semper Fi

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast