Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: WK-180 and WS-MCR Folding Stock Now Available!

Yeah, that Magpul Zhukov stock looks great on the 180.
    I write on huntinggearguy.com

The stock looks like it needs to be higher to avoid a chin weld, will different heights of adapters be offered? that being said it’s the folder the wk-180 needed!

According to my measurements this stock could give you a LOP of 14.14 inches on a WK180 at the lowest - it could be a bit longer even.

Not bad. Still too long tho.

I've seen another zhukov adapter that has a shorter LOP of 10" and has the comb in line with the bore.

i think the comb height of the stock is only an issue if you go with AR-height optics. go with lower stuff and you should be good. harder to find though. pistol dots with pic rail mounts work great, and sun optics make a good low flip away magnifier mount. lots of low scope rings available.

The problem with folding stocks on the WK180 is; by the time you get to the actual folding mechanism, from the grip, its already a 5" length of pull (give or take an inch).

If you look at the photo of the WK180 folded in photo 3, there is about 6" of overhang from the pistol grip. Conversely, an AK would fold just behind the grip, or in the case of the top folder, even directly in line with the grip.

The original AR-18 had a folder but it didn't need an adapter and was built into the steel receiver.

Its hard to make a good folder for this design and I'm glad dealers have offerings.

so ... if it takes a zhukov stock which is designed to go on an ak, can you use it to put a wood ak stock on the wk? mebbe with a wood AR grip?

I cannot figure out if I love it or hate it.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    I've seen another zhukov adapter that has a shorter LOP of 10" and has the comb in line with the bore.
    PM me the adapter

Quote Originally Posted by JeffMan View Post
    According to my measurements this stock could give you a LOP of 14.14 inches on a WK180 at the lowest - it could be a bit longer even.

Not bad. Still too long tho.
    13.25"

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast