Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: WK-180 and WS-MCR Folding Stock Now Available!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar
    It looks like they sold out of the first batch within a few days.

I just added some more to the website.

Ryan

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Will Incarnation Arms be making an adapter for the Zhukov to work as a replacement for the Type 81 fixed stock rifles and LMGs? Seen it done on YouTube, but some people may appreciate it out if the box, and it would give that platform an adjustable and folding stock while maintaining the Red Rifle aesthetic.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar
    It would be great if SFRC could also stock these cheek risers for anyone wanting to run taller optics.

https://magpul.com/ak-cheek-riser-hi...obal_color=118

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Morgan View Post
    It would be great if SFRC could also stock these cheek risers for anyone wanting to run taller optics.

https://magpul.com/ak-cheek-riser-hi...obal_color=118
    While you're waiting for SFRC to sell the riser, do a search for 3D Printed Zhukov riser. The creator of the model says its for light use only, but it was made three years ago, and perhaps with the correct source plastic it could be made strong enough to last until SFRC sells the Magpul ones.

Hi, just picked up a WS-MCR and looking to replace to the stock as I found the Magpul adjustable it came with very "wiggly". A minor issue but it bothers me as I am picky. One option is to just replace the stock with something that fits tighter but this looks like a cool option as well. Has anyone installed one and can they comment on stock "wiggle" and how optics line up with the lower comb?

Thanks
    Chris
    Last edited by cslater; 02-24-2021 at 03:03 PM.

Mine arrived today and I installed it on my WK-180. I was very excited because I've put a lot of work into my WK (upgraded match barrel, drop-in trigger, etc.) but wasn't happy with the AR stocks.

First, a few complaints. The kit did not come with instructions, although it wasn't that hard to figure out. The adapter is cut for (and comes with) two set screws that are needed for the WS-MCR but serve no purpose if you're putting it on a WK. That was a bit confusing at first. The stock screw was too long and I had to shim it with a few washers (pic 3). This is a problem with some WKs that weren’t threaded all the way through the receiver. The washers do not interfere with operation of the stock.

With that out of the way, I am very happy with the adapter and the Zhukov stock. Everything locks up tight and there is no wobble. The stock adapter and Zhukov stock goes a long way to make the WK look less fugly. However, the real improvement is in the ergonomics. The standard WK AR stock adapter, IMO, places the receiver extension way too high up and limits your selection of stocks and optics mounting options. The Zhukov stock is much lower and much more comfortable to shoot.

The charging handle will *barely* clear the stock when folded if it's on the right side. It won't with the cheek riser. I have it on the far side anyways so that's not a problem for me.

Last edited by neoconfection; 03-01-2021 at 06:40 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jparent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neoconfection View Post
    Mine arrived today and I installed it on my WK-180. I was very excited because I've put a lot of work into my WK (upgraded match barrel, drop-in trigger, etc.) but wasn't happy with the AR stocks.

First, a few complaints. The kit did not come with instructions, although it wasn't that hard to figure out. The adapter is cut for (and comes with) two set screws that are needed for the WS-MCR but serve no purpose if you're putting it on a WK. That was a bit confusing at first. The stock screw was too long and I had to shim it with a few washers (pic 3).

With that out of the way, I am very happy with the adapter and the Zhukov stock. Everything locks up tight and there is no wobble. The stock adapter and Zhukov stock goes a long way to make the WK look less fugly. However, the real improvement is in the ergonomics. The standard WK AR stock adapter, IMO, places the receiver extension way too high up and limits your selection of stocks and optics mounting options. The Zhukov stock is much lower and much more comfortable to shoot.

The charging handle will *barely* clear the stock when folded if it's on the right side. It won't with the cheek riser. I have it on the far side anyways so that's not a problem for me.

First of all, slick setup. Best looking MCR I've seen.

Where did you get the barrel? would love to lighten the front end a bit.
    Looking down the barrel, of 1984...
    Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Foxtrot Oscar.
    It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. - Claire Wolfe

If you are using washers as spacers you probably have an early WK180 that doesn't have the bolt hole threaded properly. A couple people have mentioned the hole in their WK180 receiver wasn't fully threaded. As to instructions, we're just working on a full installation video and will have it posted shortly.

Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by neoconfection View Post

First, a few complaints. The kit did not come with instructions, although it wasn't that hard to figure out. The adapter is cut for (and comes with) two set screws that are needed for the WS-MCR but serve no purpose if you're putting it on a WK. That was a bit confusing at first. The stock screw was too long and I had to shim it with a few washers (pic 3).

Quote Originally Posted by jparent View Post
    First of all, slick setup. Best looking MCR I've seen.

Where did you get the barrel? would love to lighten the front end a bit.
    Thanks! Got it from Maple Ridge Armoury ages ago. It’s definitely heavier than the factory WK barrel, though. Night and day difference in performance, however.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast