Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Red Dot for GHM9 ?

Red Dot for GHM9 ?

So I'm trying to pick a red dot for my GHM9 that will be coming on my next epic canoe trip. What I am trying to do is pick a decent red dot for it and was wondering if any of you have put one on or pros and cons to each. not looking for cheap necessarily but quality. This is not a cheap rifle so don't want a $100 optic...

Any suggestions from the gallery ?
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

I really like my holosuns
    Have a few on different guns 9mm,762x39 and a 20 gauge semi. All seem to hold up well

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Well this makes me sad cause I was wanting to grab one of these... if you want a straight red dot I’d go Aimpoint Micro H2, if you want a retical the Vortex Gen 2 Ugh-1 is amazing. If you want some magnification I’d highly recommend the new Vortex Spitfire Gen 2 prisms (even though they are 556 bdc). Got the 3x and it’s now on my 45/70 cause I couldn’t get one of these. Also have the 5X on order with already having a venom sitting on my bench. That will be going on my RDB when it arrives.
    Hearts and Minds; Two best places to shoot
    Fighting in a basement provides challenges, Number 1 your fighting in a basement!

Thanks guys, will peep both when I get a moment. Kind of like the idea of some magnification. Kind cool if it doubles as a red dot too...
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

CGN Ultra frequent flyer geologist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dlask Arms View Post
    Thanks guys, will peep both when I get a moment. Kind of like the idea of some magnification. Kind cool if it doubles as a red dot too...
    Have you thought about an illuminated low power variable? 1-4x or 1-6x. They add weight but you can run them almost like a red dot if you shoot with both eyes open plus you have magnification for longer shots.
    "Conservation is the mark of a dying civilization. When your technology is not increasing at the same rate as your population growth you are done. Bring on the next contender.".

CGN Regular
    So I'm trying to pick a red dot for my GHM9 that will be coming on my next epic canoe trip. What I am trying to do is pick a decent red dot for it and was wondering if any of you have put one on or pros and cons to each. not looking for cheap necessarily but quality. This is not a cheap rifle so don't want a $100 optic...

Any suggestions from the gallery ?
    Is it for that NR barrel version?

Quote Originally Posted by serg777 View Post
    Is it for that NR barrel version?
    It is for the N/R version, yes. Preferably something compatible with NVGs as well. Forgot that snippet, oops.
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    It is for the N/R version, yes. Preferably something compatible with NVGs as well. Forgot that snippet, oops.
    The vortex Gen2’s are all actual NV useable, the Gen 1’s very bright and wash out...
    Hearts and Minds; Two best places to shoot
    Fighting in a basement provides challenges, Number 1 your fighting in a basement!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Go for the Holosun HE508T. My new favourite go to red dot.
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

CGN Regular
    For a canoe trip you would need something of enclosed design. Holosun makes decent red dots which are not too pricey and reliable. Same with Sig which looks to be made in the same place as Holosun
    Last edited by gshamray; 06-18-2022 at 10:04 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast