Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910

Thread: Shipping Canada post is hurting your bussiness

Quote Originally Posted by Ardent View Post
    I have shipped almost certainly over 500 guns over the years with CP, up to doubles worth many tens of thousands uninsured. And worst I’ve suffered was a box getting a hole in it a few times. One was in a highway wreck, and arrived with an explanation as such, but again the gun was ok. I’ve never encountered these political incidents, notta once.
    +1

If I have learned one thing from people, is that they love to embelish stories.

Thousands of packages, only one got lost, but found 2 days after.

Like others have said, it's the best option for those of us that live in the sticks.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardent View Post
    100%, they’re far better than the others. And it ain’t easy for any of the shipping companies during Covid.

You can tell by my trader rating how many rifles I’ve shipped by CP, and I’ve never had a single one lost in just shy of 20 years since I started swapping and trading. That’s a pretty good track record.
    I am always amazed that people think what should be taken as a minimum job expectation is good service. If a package is properly labelled there is ZERO reason why it should not be delivered on time to the proper location 100% of the time unless the postal worker is incompetent.

I once received an envelope with government cheque in it (I could tell by what was visible in the address window. The only thing about the address that applied to me was the house number and the city. Different name, different street, different postal code. Only gross incompetence on a monumental scale would allow that to happen but it is commonplace, especially with CP. The bottom line is that unions protect incompetent workers at grossly inflated salaries not commensurate with the substandard quality of work that many of them do.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Greglc View Post
    My new henry rifle came 2 weeks ago, that monday, online it said, attempted delivery, card left. You guessed it, no card left, went through my security camera footage, we live on a dead end road, no delivery guy came to door and no delivery truck came down road. Why straight up lie to me, why not just put online, pickup at post office.
    Same thing happened to me today with a pkg that required a signature .The CP tracking site said card left when nobody came for alternate pickup at PO. An hour later I caught the mail lady with the card and she explained they don't do front step signing so it must be picked up the next day at the PO.Strange it was on the tracking before the card was delivered?

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    I receive lots of packages from CP, UPS, Canpar and Purolater. I've never seen CP this screwed up, which they say is temporary as they are still dealing with Xmas volume on top of allthe online shopping.

There are plenty of small delays which are understandable and are not a major problem. But some are gross errors. Had 2 parcels take over a month from NS to BC. Currently have a parcel shipped from northern BC to me in southern BC via Mississauga. Like WTF?

CP has usually been pretty good and with a decent tracking system. Not so these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by willy11 View Post
    What I hate the most is getting an email notification that the parcel is in. So warm up a vehicle, head in, only to discover that the parcel card won’t be processed til late afternoon or tomorrow. Frick
    and imagine sometimes i got parcels with no cards and the parcels did not reach yet our place ...

CGN Regular
    Ok so had an issue with UPS today. I had ordered a laptop for my son and it had had it marked as signature required as we had quite a few cases of packages being stolen in the neighbourhood. They sent an update in the morning that the package was out for delivery and expect it by days end. In the afternoon I checked and it showed the package headed to Concord Ontario! Yes I live in Ontario but nowhere near Concord. Just checked and it now says , we tried to deliver the package to you today , but unable to do so ,(mind you I work from home) hence it has been placed at a pick up location nearest to you for your collection.WTF....rest assured I'm intent on having a very interesting conversation with UPS in the morning. Seems like this is becoming systemic with mail carriers nowadays.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910