Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Shipping Canada post is hurting your bussiness

Sponsoring Business Tactical Imports's Avatar
    We have a lot of very rural clients, clients with PO boxes, etc, CP is the best option to reach everyone. Couriers work great in populated areas, but not so much outside of that. Our AB warehouse is quite rural, couriers are much more expensive shipping from location as well.
    Tactical Imports Corp.
    www.tacticalimports.ca
    sales@tacticalimports.ca

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I'm sure my postie has dyslexia and probably ADHD also

The problem for me was, they didn't try to deliver my rifle to my door, just sent me a notice to get it from the Post office. Which works for NR, but what if it's a R gun purchase~will update on it when my pistol arrives in a week or so. I think I will need a ATT for me to go pick it up from Post office to my home? Maybe i am wrong,and I hope they do deliver it to my door.

CGN Regular
    Just received delivery of a non-restricted 5 minutes ago. Was shipped from the retailer as expedited parcel, over 18 with signature.

Was left at my door without taking my signature. The postie did ring the doorbell though.

First time in almost a year that they’ve delivered to my door. All of my other parcels that required a signature were sent directly to the postal outlet with a notice card in my mailbox.

Delivered a day early to boot! Maybe CP is finally getting their act together.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by SLToronto View Post
    There's a new Modus Operandi for CP when Proof of Age and Signature Required are checked - they do not attempt to deliver to the door at all,
    1. they issue a notice card (card left is showing in the system) without any delivery attempts at all,
    2. delver the card the same or next day or even later as a BAU letter mail.
    3. the package is directed to the postal office the same or next or later day,
    4. you have to wait until it shows ready for pick-up in the system,
    5. and then you go there to get it
    This has also been my experience, I am used to it now.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sprint's Avatar
    Double tap...
    Last edited by sprint; 02-11-2021 at 05:52 PM.
    Occasional Texan | Albertan in the heart | Living in Peace off the Red River

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sprint's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tactical Imports View Post
    We have a lot of very rural clients, clients with PO boxes, etc, CP is the best option to reach everyone. Couriers work great in populated areas, but not so much outside of that. Our AB warehouse is quite rural, couriers are much more expensive shipping from location as well.
    Completely agree...

We've moved out to the rurals and Canada Post has been really good to us in the last mile.
    Occasional Texan | Albertan in the heart | Living in Peace off the Red River

my last one through cp was a shotgun, came right to our building instead of notice to pick up at depot, could have handed it to a stranger in the lobby, was just asking who is in apt yadayada to anyone present, good thing the wifey showed up, no age verification, no signature, no id, but i do have to say that anything from ontario going east has been good for eta.
    Judge not, Lest ye be judged. Live Free or Die!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Greglc View Post
    My new henry rifle came 2 weeks ago, that monday, online it said, attempted delivery, card left. You guessed it, no card left, went through my security camera footage, we live on a dead end road, no delivery guy came to door and no delivery truck came down road. Why straight up lie to me, why not just put online, pickup at post office.
    Because of covid, signatures will only be collected at the Post Office, and those working there are usually not CP unionized workers.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer johNTO's Avatar
    If I order something that can only be delivered via CP.....I specify that I will pick up the package at the local Authorized CP "store" when notified.
    Less chance of some filthy animal picking up the package off my door step.
    joi gin