Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Shipping Canada post is hurting your bussiness

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Armourall's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by willy11 View Post
    What I hate the most is getting an email notification that the parcel is in. So warm up a vehicle, head in, only to discover that the parcel card won’t be processed til late afternoon or tomorrow. Frick
    Funny you should say that as I just got one like that yesterday (arrived late) and now I have to wait until 1:00pm today to go and get it at the post office. It did not require a signature so why can't they leave the damn thing in my mailbox??????

Foot prints, how about tire prints on a cupboard door package. Door was cracked on the tired corner.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    Remember, it's not what you did once, but what you can do on demand that counts. Fr. Frog
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

I shipped a rifle that was damaged in transit. Tried to claim it. They have a new policy that a non restricted firearm must be shipped in a locked non see through container. The claim was denied because I shipped in the original box. Go to their website and check it out. I used ups last time. No problems

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by josey wales View Post
    Funny no other industry is telling people to adjust their expectations.
    I work in the energy sector, wonder what Ontario would do if we told them we only had power for 4 days out of the week
    You know expectations and all that.

Just Saying
    Umm, every other industry is saying to change your expectations because of covid EXCEPT the energy sectors. Might have something to do with that whole essential services thing, and less public interaction meaning less red tape?

Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by topgun223 View Post
    I shipped a rifle that was damaged in transit. Tried to claim it. They have a new policy that a non restricted firearm must be shipped in a locked non see through container. The claim was denied because I shipped in the original box. Go to their website and check it out.
    If this is true, it should be a sticky somewhere that everyone can see. Might save someone a huge chunk of dough. Especially considering how expensive full insurance can be on a high end rifle.

And I am sure the retailers who use them to ship us products might be keen to know they aren't covered in the event of a loss. Every retailer I have ever dealt with ships in the sealed factory box.

I know they are horrible to deal with when you make a claim (don't ask how I know) , they have so many ways out of paying up its incredible.
    Last edited by Imhiddenfromview; 02-12-2021 at 01:12 PM.

Wife was home all day. No delivery notice anywhere. Checked for status update of shipment because it's been delayed for 3 weeks. Says notice delivered, ready for pick up at post office. Also signed up for email alerts. No alerts were sent to me. Canada Post blows.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Ardent's Avatar
    Northern BC, Coastal BC, or Africa. Depends on the season.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnl View Post
    Canada Post been great for me over the years. No problem. Now UPS on the other hand
    100%, they’re far better than the others. And it ain’t easy for any of the shipping companies during Covid.

You can tell by my trader rating how many rifles I’ve shipped by CP, and I’ve never had a single one lost in just shy of 20 years since I started swapping and trading. That’s a pretty good track record.

Had good luck with Canada Post and Canpar but UPS has been so bad I'll never use them again, although most of the problems were with the Regina depot.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Curtton's Avatar
    Canpar depot is to far for vancouver.

No issue with Canada post.

Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by josey wales View Post
    Yup I have shipped hundreds of parcels with CP, and other carriers.
    CP has gone into the crapper, and are becoming unfriendly to the firearms community
    LOL..exactly HOW can they become unfriendly to the firearms community,they dont have a clue what's in the packages,so how do you suppose they can find out it's a firearm,LOL..Canada Post suck simply because it's packed with Union slackers who could care less,.and none of them ever puts in a full days work,