Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Shipping Canada post is hurting your bussiness

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Anybody used netparcel yet? How does it work?

Quote Originally Posted by Ardent View Post
    All the guys saying publicly “They left a gun on my doorstep” are only going to get our most accessible and affordable means of shipping firearms taken away, or rendered a far more expensive secure service. And that’s really gonna suck if you’re remote.
    When the package clearly says "Card for Pick up" and they still put it in a truck and leave at outside your door when you're gone for a week out at sea - that's not really our fault is it?

But I get your point.

Quote Originally Posted by scianna54 View Post
    Love Netparcel. Never had an issue with them. I always use Canpar as that is always the best rate provided to me from Netparcel. 9/10 it’s cheaper then shipping Canada post. 10/10 times it’s faster. Free pick up from my house. Also I have never had Netparcel adjust my shipping costs after shipping a product which Secureship would do to me here and there.

If only I could ship restricteds with someone other then CP! I’d honestly never use CP ever again.

You guys in the south at least have other options. That being said, CP has been great here. It’s our only real option. ALL of the courier services bone us super hard as soon as you get north of Grande Prairie. Boned HARD! I can’t relate all of the horror stories, but we’re talking $105 for a bubble envelope from Saskatchewan that CP delivered for less then five. Over three hundred for a small parcel from Ottawa that CP would do for less then forty. I understand that it’s fashionable to blame the post office, and of course there’s horror stories. But there’s MILLIONS of good stories.
    In my favorite dream I'm on the old Tonight Show with Johnny Carson. Rosie O'Donnell is also on spouting some dumb s**t. So I swing a large Northern Pike like a bat and smack her right in the fat yap. Debbie Travis and Sarah Palin coo seductively. Johnny and Ed high five me. The audience gives me a rousing standing ovation. Later we pick up Dean and Jerry and head over to Hef's.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Ruger007's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scianna54 View Post
    Have not. But just looked it up. I have used ship time a bunch of times. Looks to be similar.
    You meet the nicest people on a Honda!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by SLToronto View Post
    There's a new Modus Operandi for CP when Proof of Age and Signature Required are checked - they do not attempt to deliver to the door at all,
    1. they issue a notice card (card left is showing in the system) without any delivery attempts at all,
    2. delver the card the same or next day or even later as a BAU letter mail.
    3. the package is directed to the postal office the same or next or later day,
    4. you have to wait until it shows ready for pick-up in the system,
    5. and then you go there to get it
    I’ve had the exact same experience and I did ask the CP mail man the next day about this “practice “ . He explained to me that it was something about avoiding the contamination of the stylus that they use to obtain signatures , to which I countered that I have to do the same at the post office when I pick up the package . But he said they (post office)have the means to sanitize after each use . I gave up trying to reason out but pointed out that UPS and FedEx had no such issue . I guess CP is “regulated “ differently .

I've had better luck using flex delivery and picking up my packages from the post office in the shopper's drug mart closest to my work, once they scan the package it sends you the delivery notice right to your phone. Although last week I had one of my packages "returned to sender " for no apparent reason.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan_s View Post
    I didn’t know there was this animosity towards Canada Post. They have always done a great job for me.
    I am not sure why this is either, CP has set hours to pickup (not dropped off at 4 am) I have had much more luck with CP in semi remote areas as opposed to UPS. I receive parcels everyday and at least the post office is in my town as opposed to 50 km away. in the last while parcel problems with CP has been 3 out of 53, with UPS 2 out of 5. In my experience the resolution time with CP has been much quicker. I also realize that the service in the small rural post offices can vary town to town.
    Ed Painter

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aniest's Avatar
    Not going to read the 86 posts beyond the first, but here's my opinion: they all have faults.

I have had Canada Post "lose" a handgun (I sold to a NB CGN member) in the Montreal distribution center for three weeks: it took the RCMP Firearms Center to get it moving and prevent a sh!t show. Turned out they tried repeatedly to send it across to the USA for unknown reasons, maybe an anti-gun employee wanted me to get smuggling charges?

I have had UPS try to charge me $115CAD for a gift, an engraved watch, worth $75USD because of $100CAD in brokerage fees, exchange fees and sh!t. I self brokered for $14.99CAD p!ssing off UPS royally.

I had a UPS driver refuse "for personal beliefs protected by the Charter" to drop a Pole Cat walking stick I ordered from a CGN sponsor because they are a "known gun seller" at it was a "gun length" box. Dude nearly called the police when I opened the box in front of him to inspect it.

I have had CanPar try to deliver ammo three times in one morning and then try to send it back to the shipper (cause 3 attempts exceeded), site sponsor SFRC, and only Chemist phoning them direct prevented it from going back. (You probably don't remember Chemist, but thanks man.)

I have had Canada Post put boot prints on a box, I think as I am just guessing, because someone was anti-gun and thought it a gun when, for f'n once, it was actually a #1 wood golfing driver as a gift for a friend... and then when I rufused to sign for it, inspected it and found it banana shaped, Canada Post refused the insurance claim on it paid by the shipper, a major golfing chain store.

I had UPS or Purolator, I forget as it was years ago, safe drop an a Friday evening on my back BBQ a very expensive item with huge stickers saying "NO SAFE DROP" and "SIGNATURE ONLY" on it: the tracking said it was still elsewhere and not to be delivered until Tuesday so I left for the weekend.

I have had CanPar leave a busted open box of ammo on my front porch with no tracking, no knock, no card, nothing.

AND... I recently had a Purolator subcontractor "safe drop" at the wrong location a "signature only" box worth $4,000 that is missing and so far Purolator has told the shipper to kindly "F-Off" in less profane words: no responsibility, no insurance, nothing. My client is p!ssed beyond words their stuff is gone and the job is now behind.

- - - -

So, depending on where you are, what driver you get, who touches the package in its travel... you might get a problem. Likely not, but the law of probabilities says you will.
    Check my "Started Threads" for Equipment Exchange ads: https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/member.php/76158-Aniest

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Ardent's Avatar
    Northern BC, Coastal BC, or Africa. Depends on the season.
    I have shipped almost certainly over 500 guns over the years with CP, up to doubles worth many tens of thousands uninsured. And worst I’ve suffered was a box getting a hole in it a few times. One was in a highway wreck, and arrived with an explanation as such, but again the gun was ok. I’ve never encountered these political incidents, notta once.