Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Shipping Canada post is hurting your bussiness

CGN Regular
    I'll pretty much only ship CP. fraction of the cost of everyone else and apart from items going into ON (due to the huge covid outbreak at CP warehouse) everything has been really fast. from AB to NB took 4 days, AB to AB was next day, AB to MB was 3 days.

My TI order for the T-81 on launch day (2nd time) was at my door within a week. Thankfully I had it shipped before the outbreak hit. Now they're 2-3 weeks.

People just need to adjust expectations to account for real life circumstances.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I feel CP was always great until Covid hit. Now every other courier service seems to be way more reliable for me at least unfortunately (for Toronto).

Last edited by josey wales; 09-10-2021 at 05:03 AM.
    Play stupid games...Win stupid prizes.
    WARNING Does Not Play Well With Others
    CSSA and CCFR member

The packages come late. But they do come eventually and I have not had any damaged or lost packages. So that's something right? Thanks TI for doing your best.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gatehouse's Avatar
    I receive lots of packages from CP, UPS, Canpar and Purolater. I've never seen CP this screwed up, which they say is temporary as they are still dealing with Xmas volume on top of allthe online shopping.

There are plenty of small delays which are understandable and are not a major problem. But some are gross errors. Had 2 parcels take over a month from NS to BC. Currently have a parcel shipped from northern BC to me in southern BC via Mississauga. Like WTF?

CP has usually been pretty good and with a decent tracking system. Not so these days.
    375 Ruger is the NEW KING of the .375's. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Nestor's Avatar
    CP only please. Perhaps UPS as well, but the rest is absolute nightmare here in Southern Alberta.
    I've seen CP folks here at work. They sure are trying their best. Mistakes did happen in the past, but nothing serious.
    They are getting hammered with all the on-line orders nowadays, but I didn't see any additional staff being hired to support them.
    Before this COVID thing I was getting semi-personal service from our delivery guys as they were always trying to make it as easy for me as possible.
    So, no. I don't agree with the OP. I'm refusing to buy anything shipped via Canpar. Having options for shipping would be ideal, so everybody can select their preferred courier.
    Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes the reason is that you're stupid and you make bad decisions.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Greglc View Post
    My new henry rifle came 2 weeks ago, that monday, online it said, attempted delivery, card left. You guessed it, no card left, went through my security camera footage, we live on a dead end road, no delivery guy came to door and no delivery truck came down road. Why straight up lie to me, why not just put online, pickup at post office.
    There's a new Modus Operandi for CP when Proof of Age and Signature Required are checked - they do not attempt to deliver to the door at all,
    1. they issue a notice card (card left is showing in the system) without any delivery attempts at all,
    2. delver the card the same or next day or even later as a BAU letter mail.
    3. the package is directed to the postal office the same or next or later day,
    4. you have to wait until it shows ready for pick-up in the system,
    5. and then you go there to get it
    If a politician’s life is worth armed guards, why aren't our children's lives worth the ability for us to give them the same level of protection?

Last edited by josey wales; 09-10-2021 at 05:03 AM.
    CSSA and CCFR member

Dbl post
    Last edited by josey wales; 02-11-2021 at 02:38 PM.
    CSSA and CCFR member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
    Because there are absolutely no consequences. And these clowns went on strike.
    Teach a chimpanzee to read and they could be a postal worker. Total skill set involves reading, walking, carrying a bag (and maybe driving a vehicle) so in other words any 16 year old in the country. And for these extraordinary abilities they make what, $60000-70000 per. Just goes to show you how unions have ruined the country.
    Last edited by ted_dent; 02-11-2021 at 07:56 PM.