Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Shipping Canada post is hurting your bussiness

CGN Ultra frequent flyer AB.boy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greglc View Post
    My new henry rifle came 2 weeks ago, that monday, online it said, attempted delivery, card left. You guessed it, no card left, went through my security camera footage, we live on a dead end road, no delivery guy came to door and no delivery truck came down road. Why straight up lie to me, why not just put online, pickup at post office.
    That is just SOP in my neighborhood, been that way for years. Long before the 'Vid.

I have been fortunate with CP deliveries, 6 different orders in Nov, Dec and January all came in short order with the exception of a couple extra days wait! Biggest beef with them is leaving rifles leaning on my front door most of the day when they require ID age and signature!

I do have bigger concerns in regards to wait time with the retailers taking a week to get your package in the mail after they received your money, turning your online shopping experience into a month long ordeal!.....that might be a bigger reputation killer than just useing CP IMO ��#♂️

The problem is it wont change if we continue to be our own worst enemy! Shoppers have little patience and want instant gratification, I doubt that online shopping took that big of a hit with all the dissatisfaction , actually, I read that it was record breaking online sales from thanksgiving to Xmas, many complaints about slow shipping but instead of not buying knowing it was a crap shoot we bought record breaking amounts lol, why would retailer's or couriers change or care if people are still shelling out $$$.. I am all out of money now or I would be still sitting at thd table getting dealt in for more grief lol! Answer? iduhno.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer medvedqc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    I receive lots of packages from CP, UPS, Canpar and Purolater. I've never seen CP this screwed up, which they say is temporary as they are still dealing with Xmas volume on top of allthe online shopping.

There are plenty of small delays which are understandable and are not a major problem. But some are gross errors. Had 2 parcels take over a month from NS to BC. Currently have a parcel shipped from northern BC to me in southern BC via Mississauga. Like WTF?

CP has usually been pretty good and with a decent tracking system. Not so these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tactical Imports View Post
    We have a lot of very rural clients, clients with PO boxes, etc, CP is the best option to reach everyone. Couriers work great in populated areas, but not so much outside of that. Our AB warehouse is quite rural, couriers are much more expensive shipping from location as well.
    well for people like us not that much choice and so far shipping is not that bad unless it reaches missasauga or richmond .... the last received from ti came from edmonton and was here fast despite issues on the road. so thank you. the parcel was a little damaged outside but nothing destroyed inside.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Grain View Post
    I've had good luck w/ CP if shipping strictly in the West. Once it crosses into Ont or further east, takes weeks. BC to AB and vice versa is still 2 days.
    This a thousand times. For whatever reason my store is shipping about half our online sales to PQ and ON right now. 3 to 6 weeks for delivery. We have begun putting a disclaimer in our order confirmations.
    #torontoexit

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tivatian View Post
    The problem for me was, they didn't try to deliver my rifle to my door, just sent me a notice to get it from the Post office. Which works for NR, but what if it's a R gun purchase~will update on it when my pistol arrives in a week or so. I think I will need a ATT for me to go pick it up from Post office to my home? Maybe i am wrong,and I hope they do deliver it to my door.
    Your LTATT allows you to pick up your new restricted from whatever point of receival and return home with it. However when you're selling you will need an STATT to take it to the post office/point of transfer as your LTATT does not cover firearms no longer registered in your name.
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

Got a package that came from AB to Mississauga in 3 days, but been sitting in Mississauga with no updates for 5 days.
    Follow through isn't just a shooting fundamental, it's a life skill.

Last edited by Helsinki Cowboy; 02-21-2021 at 03:38 PM.
    Registration leads to confiscation .

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Armourall's Avatar
    I've got a package coming from Slovenia - reloading stuff - and it's coming through DHL. I'm getting updates - sometimes two or three a day - as it makes it's way to me. It's pretty awesome as I'm not used to this!

Many companies have declining service levels, they like to blame covid. I say its time for society and all the people that function in it to stop blaming covid for laziness and incompetence.

CGN Regular
    What I hate the most is getting an email notification that the parcel is in. So warm up a vehicle, head in, only to discover that the parcel card won’t be processed til late afternoon or tomorrow. Frick