Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Announcing The Insite Arms Barrel Tuner !

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Dobs View Post
    Pretty much...
    Tuners have been around for decades. Tuners with muzzle brakes have been around for a while as well, Eric Cortina did not invent the tuner muzzle brake, there's many systems that existed prior to his. A tuner is a weight that moves back and forth at the end of a barrel to influence barrel harmonics, there's only so many ways you can do that. Just like how there's only so many shapes that a car tire can be made in. Did Bridgestone copy Michelin?

While Insite is not inventing anything new here, they created a product that allow people to use a tuner directly with their Heathen muzzle brakes. Tuners are growing in popularity in different precision rifle disciplines, and Insite obviously sees an opportunity to create a product that some end users are requesting. I'm not sure what's so wrong with that. More options is always better for the consumer, and Insite always comes up with quality products.

Are you going to have them without a brake where I shoot we are not allowed brakes Tkx

I’m a huge fan of the tuner + brake combo. I use a tuner on my RimX 22lr and considering one for 6.5 cm since I plan to shoot mostly factory ammo.

What’s the performance loss of using a 308 4 ports brake on a 6.5 barrel ? APA says only 1-3% on their brake ? I’d much rather be able to swap my brake and tuner than get one for 6.5 and one for 308.

Quote Originally Posted by DaedalusX View Post
    I’m a huge fan of the tuner + brake combo. I use a tuner on my RimX 22lr and considering one for 6.5 cm since I plan to shoot mostly factory ammo.

What’s the performance loss of using a 308 4 ports brake on a 6.5 barrel ? APA says only 1-3% on their brake ? I’d much rather be able to swap my brake and tuner than get one for 6.5 and one for 308.
    1-3% is a very close number...probably on the low side of that range on a cartridge such as the 308 which less over bore or more efficient than most as opposed to a hot 6.5 or magnum round.

Quote Originally Posted by Insite Arms View Post
    1-3% is a very close number...probably on the low side of that range on a cartridge such as the 308 which less over bore or more efficient than most as opposed to a hot 6.5 or magnum round.
    Thanks, also would you see a difference between a 4 port and a 5 port on a soft caliber like 308 or 6.5 ? I don't necessarily mind the extra weight on that particular rifle ...

Quote Originally Posted by DaedalusX View Post
    Thanks, also would you see a difference between a 4 port and a 5 port on a soft caliber like 308 or 6.5 ? I don't necessarily mind the extra weight on that particular rifle ...
    It would be a minimal difference. Top Shooters in the PRS world in the US report an improved ability to spot trace and spot impacts with the our 5 port however that is very difficult with most 308s and 6.5s for anyone. It would be a small difference.

Great design idea and awesome looking product! When its time for my next barrel I will be strongly considering adding this tuner brake to it.

I see you have just added a new company promo video to your YouTube channel. Really well done, very professional. I hope you will add more YT videos on IA products, with performance demo's, how its made, hunting, PRS, long range, etc.

A video on how the tuner brake installs and works with tuning adjustment would be cool.

(Note that the YT link button on your website does not seem to be linking at the moment).

Correct link to the tuners...new website
    https://www.insitearms.com/?s=Tuner&...t_type=product

Are you planning a Ti version of the brake + tuner.
    Thank you.

no, as the lighter weight would require a larger tuner and most target and precision rifle shooters are not concerned about added weight

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123