Thread: Cadex Kraken Magazine Conversion Sleeves

CGN frequent flyer

Cadex Kraken Magazine Conversion Sleeves

Good Day

I have built a long action 300wsm which uses 338 (3.850) CIP mags. Competing; I would like to use your 10rd 338 mag however it says it is for the Kraken system only.

Will my chassis system accept the Cadex Kraken Magazine Conversion Sleeves.

The Chassis is OT CORE

Cheers
    Trevor

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor60 View Post
    Good Day

I have built a long action 300wsm which uses 338 (3.850) CIP mags. I would like to use your 10rd 338 mag however it says it is for the Kraken system only.

Will my chassis system accept the Cadex Kraken Magazine Conversion Sleeves.

The Chassis is OT CORE

Cheers
    Trevor
    Hello Mr.Trevor,

Sorry but it won't work. Your chassis is designed to use AICS pattern SSSF 3.850" CIP magazines, while the 10 rounder is a DSSF 3.850" CIP magazines. The magazine is too wide for the chassis design.

Sorry that I can't be of more help here Sir.
    Cadex Customer Service Representative(s)
    1-888-348-6774
    customerservice@cadexinc.com
    https://www.cadexdefence.com/

For any emergency please contact:
    Patrice Picard
    Sales Director

514-821-7983
    patrice@cadexinc.com

CGN frequent flyer
    Thanks for the prompt reply

i don't think i was successful in explaninig my request; the DSSF mag does not fit in my OT CORE as is...it only accepts SSSF mags
    The 10rd DSSF only works for the Kraken

Cadex sells the Kraken Magazine Conversion Sleeve which allows the use of the 10rd DSSF mags?

Is the Kraken Magazine Conversion Sleeve an upgrade option for the OT Core... does it bolt in without any modifications to use the 10rd DSSF mag.

If it is possible to upgrade to the Kraken mag sleeve am I now limited to only using the DSSF mags.

Cheers
    Trevor
    Last edited by Trevor60; 02-15-2021 at 09:14 PM. Reason: updated to clarify request

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor60 View Post
    Thanks for the prompt reply

i don't think i was successful in explaninig my request; the DSSF mag does not fit in my OT CORE as is...it only accepts SSSF mags
    The 10rd DSSF only works for the Kraken

Cadex sells the Kraken Magazine Conversion Sleeve which allows the use of the 10rd DSSF mags?

Is the Kraken Magazine Conversion Sleeve an upgrade option for the OT Core... does it bolt in without any modifications to use the 10rd DSSF mag.

If it is possible to upgrade to the Kraken mag sleeve am I now limited to only using the DSSF mags.

Cheers
    Trevor
    Hi Mr.Trevor

Not a single Cadex chassis can handle the long action 338 DSSF magazine that the Kraken use. Only the Kraken can adapt this type of magazine. It's not as simple as changing the sleeve or the detachable base for a new one, the lower receiver and action design is also involved with the type of mags that you can use or not use. The Kraken is a chassis with dimensions somewhere between our Lite Strike and Dual Strike, the action is 1.550" (way bigger than a conventional 1.350" dia action) so it can adapt wider mags like the long action DSSF magazines.

I hope that my explanations are clear enough, if not please give me a call at the factory and I'll help you out with my best Fr-English 450-348-6774

Take care

Patrice Picard, Sales Director
    Cadex Customer Service Representative(s)
    1-888-348-6774
    customerservice@cadexinc.com
    https://www.cadexdefence.com/

For any emergency please contact:
    Patrice Picard
    Sales Director

514-821-7983
    patrice@cadexinc.com

CGN frequent flyer
    Thanks for the detailed explanation much appreciated

cheers
    Trevor