Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Happy Yak Canadian Gourmet Freeze Dried Food Re-Supply

Business Member
    Our website will have the most up to date prices. Prices on CGN do expire.
    Free Shipping over $250 (Now includes ammo) but some exclusions apply like remote locations.

PRICE MATCH & PRICE PROTECTION GUARANTEE
    We want your business and if you find a lower advertised price on an in stock, new identical item from an Authorized Canadian dealer, now or within 5 days of your purchase date, just show us the price and we will match it. Some conditions apply.

sales@bullseyenorth.com

CGN frequent flyer MustangFrank's Avatar
    The only thing they could do to improve, would be to make a meal without rice or noodles for us Ketovores. Meat and veggie would be great. I did buy a few to try and compare to Mountainhouse though.

I've used a different brand of freeze dried. The troubling part for me is the amount of fresh water required to prepare these dishes. In a SHTF moment, clean water will be as difficult to find as pork chops or ammo...
    Wherever you go, there you are.

CGN frequent flyer MustangFrank's Avatar
    You know you have to boil the water first right ? I also have filtered water bottles to filter questionable water. Unless you are directly downstream from a pulp mill .

Quote Originally Posted by Caboose View Post
    I've used a different brand of freeze dried. The troubling part for me is the amount of fresh water required to prepare these dishes. In a SHTF moment, clean water will be as difficult to find as pork chops or ammo...
    If you think getting water in Canada is an issue you are doing it wrong. We have more water than anywhere in the world. You literally live next too 3 giant bodies of water

Shawn

in a 905 county that prohibits Sunday hunting with guns. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?
    Better than Mountainhouse you say? I'll give it a try!
    "Totally incompetent blowhard, an idiot and a fool." - Detective John Corey describing what could only be Dear Leader or maybe the Kommissar for Public Safety. You decide.

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by reddog9x19 View Post
    Better than Mountainhouse you say? I'll give it a try!
    Less Sodium and ingredients are freeze dried separately
    Our website will have the most up to date prices. Prices on CGN do expire.
    Free Shipping over $250 (Now includes ammo) but some exclusions apply like remote locations.

PRICE MATCH & PRICE PROTECTION GUARANTEE
    We want your business and if you find a lower advertised price on an in stock, new identical item from an Authorized Canadian dealer, now or within 5 days of your purchase date, just show us the price and we will match it. Some conditions apply.

sales@bullseyenorth.com

Quote Originally Posted by shawn View Post
    If you think getting water in Canada is an issue you are doing it wrong. We have more water than anywhere in the world. You literally live next too 3 giant bodies of water

Shawn
    They are not as simple as an MRE. I'm not saying there's a shortage of water, I'm saying it can be frozen solid 5 months of the year, or contaminated with something that can't be boiled off...
    Wherever you go, there you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Caboose View Post
    They are not as simple as an MRE. I'm not saying there's a shortage of water, I'm saying it can be frozen solid 5 months of the year, or contaminated with something that can't be boiled off...
    Yes they are. Freeze dried also has a shelf life at least 30 years longer

If all the water you have is frozen so are your MREs, and if you water is to contaminated to make food what are you drinking? Sorry the only thing MREs have going for them is they are "cheap". Freeze dried is better in every way other than price.

Shawn

Also

+1000 to "keto" and meat and veg only items if that is possible

Shawn

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast