Thread: Issues with Canpar

Issues with Canpar

I am hoping that Budget Shooter reconsiders the exclusive use of Canpar for deliveries or allows for individual needs. This past Saturday, I stayed home all day to receive a package from Budget. Around 3:30 I attended to some things downstairs. I thought I heard something outside, but by the time I made it up the stairs, the driver was down the driveway leaving me with a notice saying no one answered. I had actually left a note saying i was home and asked to knock loudly or have dispatch call me. I am disabled, with some hearing impairment and servers spinal problems but I still like to reload and shoot when I can. I wasn’t able to hear the first knock, if indeed the driver knocked, and it takes time to get to the front door. I had spent from 9 to 3:00 near the front door to accept delivery and put the message on the door in large letters so the driver would see it if it would take a minute to get upstairs. The notice gave no information concerning scheduling a time for another attempt or for me to pick up the package at one of their Safespots. It took over two hours to speak with someone from Canpar who promised to call me back by the end of the day on Monday, but didn’t. Tuesday, after a 90 minute wait, I spoke with someone who said that she would arrange for another delivery attempt. So far, there has been no indication that an attempt will be made, so I am staying home, waiting. I have no idea if Canpar will follow through or return the package. I contacted Budget who said that I would be charged shipment back to them, another $25. So, it appears that I will pay $50 and receive nothing. Budget are very rigid about their policy and I appreciate that generally, one doesn’t want explosive materials lying about in hallways in buildings or on decks, but I was home and waiting, and disabled. So, where do I stand in all of this? Does this sound fair?

Budget - Canpar ?

What Budget have to do with Canpar ? Please enlighten me..
    You have to put yourself in a position to receive package. I understand your disabilities - but I seen no fault of the delivery man...sorry it turned out that way for you.

But asking a dealer to change all his clients deliveries for a problem that seem related to your situation..I don’t think this is reasonable.
    Canpar have been great in my area..mostly , I think, of the hard working driver that put the hours in to deliver his daily load.

Another newbie rant, your thread will get nuke shortly.
    Don't worry, go plinking, be happy!!

Quote Originally Posted by edgetoedge View Post
    I am hoping that Budget Shooter reconsiders the exclusive use of Canpar for deliveries or allows for individual needs. This past Saturday, I stayed home all day to receive a package from Budget. Around 3:30 I attended to some things downstairs. I thought I heard something outside, but by the time I made it up the stairs, the driver was down the driveway leaving me with a notice saying no one answered. I had actually left a note saying i was home and asked to knock loudly or have dispatch call me. I am disabled, with some hearing impairment and servers spinal problems but I still like to reload and shoot when I can. I wasn’t able to hear the first knock, if indeed the driver knocked, and it takes time to get to the front door. I had spent from 9 to 3:00 near the front door to accept delivery and put the message on the door in large letters so the driver would see it if it would take a minute to get upstairs. The notice gave no information concerning scheduling a time for another attempt or for me to pick up the package at one of their Safespots. It took over two hours to speak with someone from Canpar who promised to call me back by the end of the day on Monday, but didn’t. Tuesday, after a 90 minute wait, I spoke with someone who said that she would arrange for another delivery attempt. So far, there has been no indication that an attempt will be made, so I am staying home, waiting. I have no idea if Canpar will follow through or return the package. I contacted Budget who said that I would be charged shipment back to them, another $25. So, it appears that I will pay $50 and receive nothing. Budget are very rigid about their policy and I appreciate that generally, one doesn’t want explosive materials lying about in hallways in buildings or on decks, but I was home and waiting, and disabled. So, where do I stand in all of this? Does this sound fair?

Pure speculations, it appears that you take things way too personal. Just because of you BSS should reconsiders the exclusive use of Canpar for deliveries... 2 separate entity, the sense of entitlement is strong with you
    Don't worry, go plinking, be happy!!

The canpar guy left my handgun on the doorstep and signed the package himself. All caught on my doorbell camera. Lucky my mom was home to grab it.

Quote Originally Posted by edgetoedge View Post
    In Newfoundland, Canpar is a figure of your imagination. Ship Time makes them miraculously appear. Canada ammo uses UPS here.
    BE CAREFUL what you say about a mans wife and kids, but be damned careful what you say about his bird dog!

Guys - you should stop buying online. There is a bad story for every shippers known in Canada here on CGN.
    Impossible for a dealer to choose the shipper you like or deserve your house.

As for the OP, just too bad. Make sure you are in a position to receive your package. If you can’t, get it shipped to someone you know who can handle it. If noting like that is avail to you, don’t order online. Take your responsibilities and stop pissing on dealers.
    For a newbie, it’s a ver bad start on this forums..

Canpar seems to be in dependant contractor delivery people so depending on the person everyone will have a different interaction. The guy who covers my area is awesome he always calls me first to find out if I'm home and when he can come drop it off he has delivered to me as late as 10pm because I was at work and even came Sunday morning one time he delivers to my schedule and not his. I love the Canpar guy best delivery guy ever.

Now the Canada post clown that is always a fight ! They never deliver anything because they never come to my house and expect me to call around to find out where it is and then to come find it myself. Honestly I am tired of their crap and if it isn't delivered I don't even bother trying to find it anymore. Either it comes or it doesn't I hate Canada post

Quote Originally Posted by Janeau View Post
    Guys - you should stop buying online. There is a bad story for every shippers known in Canada here on CGN.

As for the OP, just too bad. Make sure you are in a position to receive your package. If you can’t, get it shipped to someone you know who can handle it. If noting like that is avail to you, don’t order online. Take your responsibilities and stop pissing on dealers.
    I never piss on dealers. Hope you weren't referring to me. I'm pissing on carriers that make enough money on big contracts, so it's easy to ignore 2 lbs. of powder from Ontario to Newfoundland. I received an email response from Canpar customer service, get a fawking load of this, 5 weeks and 3 days after I sent my APPLICACTION for an account! As we say in a game of 120s Smell that one! Haa!
    BE CAREFUL what you say about a mans wife and kids, but be damned careful what you say about his bird dog!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Janeau View Post

For folks who work, what then? I personally hate Canpar because they only ever deliver in my area during the work day, and their depot is over an hour away. Meanwhile UPS and FedEx all deliver around dinner time. I absolutely request shipping companies that have local presence here.