Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chiappa M1-9 NSR Carbine Rifle 9mm 19inch Barrel 10 Rounds with Fake Suppressor

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KP762 View Post
    Now for the disassembly.

It should be noted that the buttstock is composite, but the rest of the furniture is painted wood. The top picatinny rail is metal, where the bottom one is composite. The pistol grip may or may not be interchangeable with AR grips; I couldn't check because I don't have a spare AR grip lying around.

Disassembly follows the same basic sequence as the original version, however, I was unable to remove the fire control group. Minor differences are that you need to unscrew the fake suppressor (barrel shroud? we'll say shroud.) to remove it, and there is an endcap that holds the upper handguard in place (2 socket screws). It should be noted that all the socket screws on this carbine are metric. The action is identical to the original version, and is just as much of a pain in the butt to disassemble/reassemble. It does get easier to do with some practice (ie; once you know what you are supposed to do).

And now for the issues. These both involve that stupid barrel shroud. Firstly, the endcap of the shroud is threaded onto the muzzle, and into the body of the of the shroud. When I was removing it, it unscrewed a bit from the shroud body before unscrewing from the muzzle. Then when I pulled the shroud off, the O-ring that seals the other end of the shroud made life difficult, as it was VERY stiff and had a bit of an edge to it. I am not sure if it was caused by that stiff, edged, O-ring, or if it was like that from the factory, but the finish on the barrel was absolutely horrendous.

After cleaning the carbine, I reassembled it (which is difficult your first few times because that action is weird), and finally got to the end and just had to put the shroud back on. I could easily get it to screw on to the muzzle, but I could not get it to screw back up the shroud body to become flush with the end again. Far as I can tell, it's impossible. I sent a help-desk ticket to Chiappa Firearms to see if they have a solution; I will post the results of that inquiry when they get back to me.

I am not too worried about that shroud, as I would much rather just have a flash-hider anyway. Refinishing the barrel shouldn't be too difficult either. Not happy about what happened with the shroud, but I would rather just not have it anyway.

Overall, it is easier to take apart than the original.

Hope this helps folks!
    We appreciate your thoughts on this rifle.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyenorth View Post
    We appreciate your thoughts on this rifle.
    Thanks
    You're welcome for the review. I do want to note that while I encountered some issues, I do very much love this carbine, and it is not my intention to discourage anyone from getting one. If you own the original version, this one IS better and easier.

I just want to update everyone that it has been a couple weeks now and I have not heard back from Chiappa Firearms regarding the Help-Desk Ticket I sent them (their website says they will respond in 3+ business days).

I have made inquiries with the local warranty station and have sent a message to their gunsmith about the issues. I will let you folks know when I hear back from them.

*edit: The muzzle threads are NOT 1/2"-36. I have a 1/2"-28 on order and I will let you know if that fits.
    These Liberal Politicians were designed for one purpose and one purpose only; To deceive the largest amount of people in the shortest amount of time. There is no use, and no place, for such politicians in Canada.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Johnyy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KP762 View Post
    If you own the original version, this one IS better and easier..
    I own both. I Highly disagree!! Battle proven, against Chiappas lowest line. *Edit: unless you meant Original Version..of another 9mm Chiappa {not an M1 Carbine} lol then, mehh..
    Last edited by Johnyy; 03-01-2021 at 12:37 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12