Thread: Small powder order arrived

Business Member

Small powder order arrived

Small order of Powder, wads and lead shot arrived today.

It's not much, but better than nothing!

Click here
    Shooter's Choice

631 Colby Drive
    Waterloo, Ontario
    Canada, N2V 1B4

online: www.shooterschoice.com
    Phone: 519-746-8139 | 1-866-257-7270
    email: info@shooterschoice.com

Facebook : Shooter's Choice Pro Shop

Instagram : _shooterschoice

Plan on getting any Varget or IMR4064 anytime soon?

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 6k5e View Post
    Plan on getting any Varget or IMR4064 anytime soon?
    We have TONS on order. all our suppliers are scrambling as powder is getting harder and harder to get right now. keep checking back, We stock both those powders when we can get them
    Shooter's Choice

631 Colby Drive
    Waterloo, Ontario
    Canada, N2V 1B4

online: www.shooterschoice.com
    Phone: 519-746-8139 | 1-866-257-7270
    email: info@shooterschoice.com

Facebook : Shooter's Choice Pro Shop

Instagram : _shooterschoice

I'm pretty new to most of this stuff. I see some powder for $35, some for $45, or more, same amount, & for the same calibers listed. So hard to know whats the differences, why is one brand that much better than another? I realize these are complicated questions lol. sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by kweb View Post
    I'm pretty new to most of this stuff. I see some powder for $35, some for $45, or more, same amount, & for the same calibers listed. So hard to know whats the differences, why is one brand that much better than another? I realize these are complicated questions lol. sorry.
    It is as you said a ‘complicated’ question, all powders have different burn rates and vary in their sensitivity to temperature fluctuations, ideally what you want is a powder that is very temperature stable so your load performs consistently in anywhere from -10 to +30 degrees.

Stable temperature powders are the most in demand, alternatively you can also develop a load for different temperatures, some shoot better in the cold vs the heat. Anyway, you can substitute powders with similar results according to their burn rate.

I realize this is just scratching the surface and without knowing what cartridge you are shooting it’s impossible to tell you which ones will work and which are ideal.

You could always just buy what is popular for your cartridge, then what’s available, in that order.

Start with the low end recommended charge weight from your reloading manual and work up test cartridges in 0.3 grain increments, when you find one that has the most consistent velocity shoot a group, it it shoots good you’re done... test it in different ambient temperatures and elevations.

Burn Rate Comparison Chart