Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trijicon sro sight adj.led 2.5 moa red dot

CGN Ultra frequent flyer cbabes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Somerset Bar View Post
    Careful, the triji fanbois will get mad that you're necroposting.

If you buy a $1000 optic and it only works for a month, and you have to send it back to the US via 3rd parties that don't give you tracking numbers, you had best be thrilled it's a trijicon, and don't dare complain about it.

I should mention that I got the warranty phone person to kind of admit that they send what are basically factory seconds to Canada. The phrase was something like "well if an optic is going to fail, we'd rather it happen in Canada, than in a foreign engagement, where a US soldier's life depends on it". No joke.

Yeah, won't buy their stuff again.
    Me personally I have been using a Deltapoint Pro and am by no means a fanboy. Your experience is unfortunate but not the norm. The best shooter in Canada who is also one of the best in the world has unlimited ammo supply. He has tested them all and only the SRO was bullet proof. This is common among all us active shooters. I shoot up to 40k a year sometimes and know pretty much all the active IPSC shooters in Ontario and much of Canada. The SRO is the most reliable optic out there. I was just too cheap to buy one until recently and opted for the cheaper DPP.

Lions need not concern themselves with the opinions of the lambs.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mebiuspower's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cbabes View Post
    He has tested them all and only the SRO was bullet proof.
    I guess he hasn't tested the Aimpoint ACRO...

Quote Originally Posted by mebiuspower View Post
    I guess he hasn't tested the Aimpoint ACRO...
    Great optic but for IPSC the window is a bit small. So my apologies I should have included testing of all the most popular IPSC optics. Sure you could do well with the Acro in IPSC and it's reliable. Just not popular due to the size of its window. I'm not trying to start a pissing match with anyone. Just sharing my experience.
    Last edited by cbabes; 07-20-2022 at 08:48 AM.

CGN frequent flyer Somerset Bar's Avatar
    Me personally I have been using a Deltapoint Pro and am by no means a fanboy. Your experience is unfortunate but not the norm. The best shooter in Canada who is also one of the best in the world has unlimited ammo supply. He has tested them all and only the SRO was bullet proof. This is common among all us active shooters. I shoot up to 40k a year sometimes and know pretty much all the active IPSC shooters in Ontario and much of Canada. The SRO is the most reliable optic out there. I was just too cheap to buy one until recently and opted for the cheaper DPP.
    I have 2 slides for competition now. One with the SRO and one with the venom. I simply can't think of it as "most reliable". The venom has run for 2 years without a hiccup. The SRO just has a much better viewing window.
    I've got a triji ACOG on my tavor, now that thing has never let me down, but it also doesn't need a battery

Quote Originally Posted by Somerset Bar View Post
    I have 2 slides for competition now. One with the SRO and one with the venom. I simply can't think of it as "most reliable". The venom has run for 2 years without a hiccup. The SRO just has a much better viewing window.
    I've got a triji ACOG on my tavor, now that thing has never let me down, but it also doesn't need a battery
    I've seen countless Vortex pistol optics fail at matches. Glass falling out, losing zero, dot disappears, you name it. You have good luck or just not enough rounds on it. There's a reason the SRO was the most used optic at the USPSA Carry Optics nationals multiple years in a row and it definitely wasn't sponsorships. Anyway I won't debate this anymore. My sole purpose was to offer advice as I always appreciated it when I was green. You just need to find the right person to find that advice from. Maybe that's not me lol Cheers

CGN frequent flyer Somerset Bar's Avatar
    I've seen countless Vortex pistol optics fail at matches. Glass falling out, losing zero, dot disappears, you name it. You have good luck or just not enough rounds on it. There's a reason the SRO was the most used optic at the USPSA Carry Optics nationals multiple years in a row and it definitely wasn't sponsorships. Anyway I won't debate this anymore. My sole purpose was to offer advice as I always appreciated it when I was green. You just need to find the right person to find that advice from. Maybe that's not me lol Cheers
    I've been shooting since I was 8, pistol since I was 20, IDPA and ISPC since I was 40, and am now 53. I reload 9mm by the tens of thousands (even have a youtube page about reloading). I don't want to compare dicks with you either, but I'm not the newb you're looking for.
    My whole post was that this thing ISN'T reliable, it's a PITA to get warranty done, and when I talked to them, they admitted that the Canadian market doesn't matter a bit to them. If I was American I'd feel a lot better about it, but as a canuck, I bring a backup and just hope they really fixed it this time.

I've had 4 vortex in for repair over the years, I don't think they have great QC, BUT I can buy 3 venom red dots for the price of the SRO, so I expected it to be as advertised. It wasn't, I have absolutely no reason to just make up a story about my experience, I just didn't think they should be touted as "worth the money because they are bulletproof optics" because they simply aren't. I wish my eyes were still like they were pre 50 so that I could still be shooting irons (and not have this ridiculous 'argument'), but here we are, and that's that.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Armourall's Avatar
    As I said - I have two of them - and neither have failed. I feel good about my investment.

I know cbabes personally as I have met him FTF - a stand up guy who really knows his stuff when it comes to IPSC equipment. Haven't been in his squad yet, but attended many matches with him as a participant!

P.S. - I would jump through whatever the hoops are to get this site fixed, but I don't think I have to worry about that - that's how awesome these sights are in my opinion.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123