Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trijicon sro sight adj.led 2.5 moa red dot

Thumbs up Trijicon sro sight adj.led 2.5 moa red dot

Name:  51YJH9xB-8L._AC_SL1322_.jpg
Views: 2622
Size:  41.7 KB

The Trijicon Specialized Reflex Optic (SRO™) 2.5 MOA Adjustable LED red dot is best for applications in which speed and recovery of the dot is critical such as in competitive shooting.

The wide field of view and clean, crisp dot makes it easy for users to find and track the dot in both target and competitive shooting applications, helping improve shooting accuracy and speed. Every SRO features both manual and automatic LED brightness modes and a 3-year battery life.

The SRO is designed to survive the rigors of slide ride pistols and is engineered for hard use. It shares a similar electronics design with the proven Trijicon RMR®.

Like the RMR the SRO is forged from 7075, T-6 aircraft grade aluminum, making it much more durable than conventional red dot sights. This forged housing protects the lenses and electronics, and it has been tested to survive typical pistol mounted drops.

Magnification 1x
    Length (in) 2.2
    Weight (oz) 1.6 (w/ battery); 46g
    Illumination Source LED
    Reticle Pattern Dot
    Day Reticle Color Red
    Night Reticle Color Red
    Bindon Aiming Concept No
    Adjustment @ 100 yards (clicks/in) 1 click = 1 MOA
    Housing Material 7075-T6 Forged Aluminum
    Batteries 1 CR2032 Lithium Battery
    Battery Life Over 3 years of continuous use (when used at 70ºF (21ºC)) at setting 4 of 8
    Dimensions 2.2 x 1.3 x 1.4 in. 55 x 32 x 34mm
    Sight Window .98 x .89 in.; 25 x 22.5 mm
    Adjustment Range 150 MOA Total Travel
    Illumination Settings Automatic and 8 Adjustable Settings (2 NV, 6 Visible)
    Waterproof 10ft. (3m.)

Solely Outdoors
    www.solelyoutdoors.com
    44 Riviera Dr L3R 5M1 Markham, ON
    store@solelyoutdoors.com
    905-882-9629

Great ! I will check it out at store tmr.

CGN frequent flyer Somerset Bar's Avatar
    Just ordered one, I have a venom on my competition pistol, and really like it, but wanted to see why so many competitors seem to prefer the trijicon.

Customer service is amazing, they had it picked up by Can post in 1 hour. That's incredible, hats off to SoleyOutdoors. Now I mention this because OTHER outlets like to give you a pre-shipping number, but don't actually ship things for up to 3 weeks (you know who you are).

I have to admit I plan to recoup some of the cost of this by doing a comparison video, and I think I'll mention the good service, even though 99.9% of viewers are our 'merican brothers.

Anyone on the fence about one of these...

So I swapped out a venom for the SRO, had to buy a new adapter plate and all, so it wasn't cheap, but first time to the range with it made all the difference. I shoot IPSC, and I had worked quite a bit with holster and a laserlyte system to chew down my draw-to-dot-acquisition time, as the venom dot really isn't the very best for instant target acquisition. It's not bad at all, but you do have to hunt for that dot sometimes. I worried that I would have to re-learn with this optic, but not so, it's quite a bit easier to find that dot. I think the round glass just makes it more likely you are going to see the dot as long as you draw and aim properly, you just don't need to swivel around the gun to pick up that dot as much, it's almost always visible. I had figured that if it wasn't worth the extra $$$ I would just sell it, but I'm definitely going to keep it, and I think I'm going to see an improvement in competition, which is of course why we buy all this crazy expensive gear

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Armourall's Avatar
    I have two of these in 2.5. One on my Shadow 2 OR and the other on my Walther PPQ Q5 SF. Love them both! I just hope (based on another thread) that I never have an issue with them as getting warranty work done on these in Canada (or anything Trijicon from what I hear) can be a very lonnnnnng process.

Quote Originally Posted by Armourall View Post
    I have two of these in 2.5. One on my Shadow 2 OR and the other on my Walther PPQ Q5 SF. Love them both! I just hope (based on another thread) that I never have an issue with them as getting warranty work done on these in Canada (or anything Trijicon from what I hear) can be a very lonnnnnng process.
    haha that's -exactly- why I'm keeping the venom as a backup... the vortex warranty really is second to none, and I read about the triji warranty issues, BUT the sro is definitely more robust than the venom, so it should last a good long while, as long as everything inside holds up. I also put mine on a shadow 2, I have a second that isn't the optics ready version, so I'm looking for a retro mount for it... I definitely couldn't hide TWO of these from my wife at that price

Quote Originally Posted by Armourall View Post
    Ironically...... less than 1 month later and the sro just shut itself off and ain't coming back.

Contacted triji direct, and yeah, I gotta send this thing to Detroit, they say "we don't do anything in Canada, you'll have to ship it to us".

So I can say this is definitely the last trijicon product I will buy. Guess I'm putting the cheap ole vortex back on the gun (not that we can use it anywhere anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by Somerset Bar View Post
    Ironically...... less than 1 month later and the sro just shut itself off and ain't coming back.

Contacted triji direct, and yeah, I gotta send this thing to Detroit, they say "we don't do anything in Canada, you'll have to ship it to us".

So I can say this is definitely the last trijicon product I will buy. Guess I'm putting the cheap ole vortex back on the gun (not that we can use it anywhere anyway).

excellent review and very helpful for someone like me is struggling between Trijicon and vortex. big thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf9945 View Post
    excellent review and very helpful for someone like me is struggling between Trijicon and vortex. big thanks.
    It's night and day build quality difference on the frames of the optic... but my ole vortex is still running after 3 years, and a bunch of competitions, but the triji only made it past a sight in day of 20 rounds before it died. Trijicon didn't even offer up any suggestions for trying to get it running, they just said "sounds like a failed unit, you'll have to send it to Detroit, we don't do anything in Canada". :sigh:
    There's also the issue of optics being regulated crossing the border, no idea how I'm going to deal with that unless trijicon has that figured out, all in all, very sorry I bought this.

any idea if the glass housing would clear the adjustment cap on a 4x acog if I mounted it on a trijicon "backpack" plate ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast