Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trijicon sro sight adj.led 2.5 moa red dot

CGN frequent flyer Somerset Bar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dothedr3w View Post
    any idea if the glass housing would clear the adjustment cap on a 4x acog if I mounted it on a trijicon "backpack" plate ?
    I have a 4x acog, and putting them side by side, I would think you would be about 2mm too high to clear the cap, but that's just lining them both up on the rail, not totally sure of your application...

Well it's been 2 days since they said they would get back to me. I think trijicon has just dumped my request in the garbage.

I note that solely outdoors hasn't chimed in. Says something about customer support there too.

I feel a youtube video coming on. When I did one on the kriss vector I had reps from the company getting in touch (not that they did anything but they sure didn't like the review). I think the whole "how trijicon treats Canadians" is a good candidate.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Armourall's Avatar
    I'm just reading your issues. I had one of my SRO's quit during a session. I actually got in touch with the gun store I purchased it from and they told me that it has happened a couple of times but that the issue wasn't with the optic but the battery cover. I tightened down the battery cover and the optic sprung to life again.

I would try this and/or replacing the battery that came with the optic.

Hope this solves your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Armourall View Post
    I'm just reading your issues. I had one of my SRO's quit during a session. I actually got in touch with the gun store I purchased it from and they told me that it has happened a couple of times but that the issue wasn't with the optic but the battery cover. I tightened down the battery cover and the optic sprung to life again.

I would try this and/or replacing the battery that came with the optic.

Hope this solves your problem.
    I spent a couple of hours on the battery compartment before I even tried contacting trijicon. I tried different batteries, I tried removing the 2 waterproof rings, I tried absolutely everything I could think of, besides cranking it down with excessive force or hooking up an external power supply. I explained this to triji and they came back with "sounds like a faulty module, too bad you live in Canada, we don't give 2 ####s about Canada" (I might be paraphrasing a bit, hard to be nice with the level of customer support I'm looking at, and a $1000+ lump of aluminum).

Somerset Bar, you've been necroposting in this thread and awful lot and moaning, why don't you actually send the pistol back to trijicon? I'm not sure what you expect them to do, if they don't have a service centre in Canada.
    What exactly is the issue with mailing it to then? It's certainly going to get you further then complaining about trijicon on a vendor's post?

Quote Originally Posted by Goose762 View Post
    Somerset Bar, you've been necroposting in this thread and awful lot and moaning, why don't you actually send the pistol back to trijicon? I'm not sure what you expect them to do, if they don't have a service centre in Canada.
    What exactly is the issue with mailing it to then? It's certainly going to get you further then complaining about trijicon on a vendor's post?

So you're moaning about my moaning? Good for you fella, makes you look extra awesome. What exactly is your point? Also...look up the meaning of necropost, you're seriously not doing it right.

There's another thread on 'nuts about the difficulty in sending these things back, and of course I don't have to tell an expert like YOU about import export restrictions on optics, but it's not that easy. Also, you do know you can take optics off of guns before you send them in, right? I mean, was there anything correct or relevant you wanted to add in here?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer cbabes's Avatar
    The SRO issue in this thread is far from the norm. They are by far the most durable carry optics/production optics sight out there. So many have 50k+ rounds on them without a single failure.

Lions need not concern themselves with the opinions of the lambs.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Armourall's Avatar
    I must now have close to 25000 on my OR Shadow 2 and not one hiccup (other then to tighten down the battery cap and that was in the first few 100 rounds). Solid as a rock!!

Quote Originally Posted by Goose762 View Post
    Your statement is not even coherent.
    What do you mean send the pistol back to trijicon?

Careful, the triji fanbois will get mad that you're necroposting.

If you buy a $1000 optic and it only works for a month, and you have to send it back to the US via 3rd parties that don't give you tracking numbers, you had best be thrilled it's a trijicon, and don't dare complain about it.

I should mention that I got the warranty phone person to kind of admit that they send what are basically factory seconds to Canada. The phrase was something like "well if an optic is going to fail, we'd rather it happen in Canada, than in a foreign engagement, where a US soldier's life depends on it". No joke.

Yeah, won't buy their stuff again.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast