Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Surplus Condition Modular Sleep System + Free Carry Bag.

Contributing Dealer Frontier Firearms's Avatar
    We only have the woodland.

US military surplus is generaly allot cleaner than Canadian. With Just short of a trillion dollar budget (50x higher than Canada), they will offer items up for surplus far quicker than Canada. Its amazing comparing lots between the 2 countries. Brand new gear is very common on the auctions. About 50% Of Canadian Army Surplus Sleeping bags need some form of repair. US bags, maybe 10%. They can afford to waste money with their budget.

Sorry if I’m missing something but does this modular sleeping set include a bivy sack as well?
    Having something and not needing it is far better than needing something and not having it. Seems like simple logic to me!

CGN Regular
    Sorry to bit pick, what are the individual items weights? Looking for a sleep system similar to the forces that i enjoyed but 14lbs looks heavy ? No?

Quote Originally Posted by aldy86 View Post
    Sorry if I’m missing something but does this modular sleeping set include a bivy sack as well?
    US Army Surplus Modular Sleep System!
    This genuine military issue, army Modular Sleep System (MSS) consists of a Intermediate Cold Weather & Patrol sleeping bag + Bivy Bag & Stuff Sack. You can use either bag for warmth down to -40° F! Entire system fits inside compression sack to cinch down to a tiny roll.

Stuff Sack Straps May Not Be Exactly As Shown
    Anyone doing any Long-Range, Pistol, or Action-Shooting in or around the Elk Valley/Crowsnest Pass? I'd love to tag along, send me a PM

We have now ended the promotion on the free bag and we are now offering a special when you purchase 2 bags. This will be limited to the first 3 orders that come through.

Quote Originally Posted by Wincor View Post
    Sorry to bit pick, what are the individual items weights? Looking for a sleep system similar to the forces that i enjoyed but 14lbs looks heavy ? No?
    Varusteleka says 8.5 lbs total weight, Amazon says 9.5. I really doubt this system is 14lbs. Maybe heavier than the CF but I’m not sure if it’s any less bulky. I do prefer the US style bivy because of the zipper but of course it can mean it’s less waterproof than the zipper less CF style.
    mcguirearmynavy.com gives a breakdown of each piece of the systems’ weight; patrol bag is 2lbs 7oz, intermediate bag is 3lbs 10oz and the bivy is 1lb 14oz, stuff sack is 12oz. To be exact this is the improved ACU pattern, but I’m sure there isn’t a huge difference with the woodland.
    Last edited by ADK; 03-18-2021 at 12:02 AM.
    God doesn't believe in Atheists

We were able to source 5 new bags with our last order. These do not come along very often.

Lots of bags going lately. As surplus goes, there is a prime time to get some of the modern stuff before our wholesale prices go stupid and it becomes pointless to import it due to cost. These bags seem to be about in their best bargin time right now.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Got Juice?'s Avatar
    Good stuff
    Envy green is not a color well worn. Might want to quit while you're ahead

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast