Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Type 81 Drum mag

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Simple, grab pliers, twist wing nut with them till the tac welds break (you'll hear a pop) and spin off wing nut, out comes wheel assembly.

I've done it to several already. No need to drill the welds off, they are pretty crappy welds to start with and I found it way easier just to snap the little welds by forcing the wing nut off.

Took all of 2 mins.

Just make SURE to pin drum to 5
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tactical Imports View Post
    We asked our gunsmith to make but he's been working non-stop past couple months on design, testing and now production of T81 side mounts. Wasn't there a video already on youtube or something?
    Yep I used that video worked perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by bfiles View Post
    Simple, grab pliers, twist wing nut with them till the tac welds break (you'll hear a pop) and spin off wing nut, out comes wheel assembly.

I've done it to several already. No need to drill the welds off, they are pretty crappy welds to start with and I found it way easier just to snap the little welds by forcing the wing nut off.

Took all of 2 mins.

Just make SURE to pin drum to 5
    I did end up doing it myself but mine was not nearly as easy as you described. I had quite a bit of beefy welds and had to use a Dremel cutoff wheel for each weld. You have to be careful not to cut into the stem also.
    I have a lot of experience with machining and gunsmithing in general, and think that a video would still be good for those who may not have the confidence to just tackle it without a little guidance.
    Unfortunately I’m not good with video or I would have made one.
    [/URL][/IMG]

Best way to pin to 5 also?

Ok please excuse my ignorance. I got a drum with my LMG so I'm curious what exactly y'all are talking about. Or perhaps direct me to another thread that explained it?

I ground the welds off but it still doesnt move.If it came with a new back bolt it would be easy I could just cut it but I dont want to reck the part it threads into.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesayat View Post
    Ok please excuse my ignorance. I got a drum with my LMG so I'm curious what exactly y'all are talking about. Or perhaps direct me to another thread that explained it?
    Even if you wanted to, you could not load it with 75 rounds. Go to youtube and you will see the difference.

/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12