Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Waterproof storage Tube/ Mossberg 590 J.I.C. Shockwave Shotgun, 12ga, 14.375 inch

Business Member

Waterproof storage Tube/ Mossberg 590 J.I.C. Shockwave Shotgun, 12ga, 14.375 inch

Attachment 466652

Mossberg 590 J.I.C. Shockwave Shotgun, 12ga, 14.375" Barrel, Stainless

Available here

Mossberg 590 Shockwave JIC Stainless 12ga 3in Pump Firearm - 14.375in - The 590 Shockwave Raptor bird's head pistol grip is uniquely shaped to minimize felt recoil. Classified as fully-compliant by the BATFE, this model has a 26.37in OAL. The 590 Shockwave features a convenient clean-out tube magazine cap, a front bead sight, and 'corn cob' strapped forend to keep shooter's lead hand clear of the muzzle. It has a 14.375in heavy-walled barrel with a cylinder bore and a stainless steel cerakote metal finish.
    SPECIFICATIONS
    Gauge 12
    Capacity 5+1
    Chamber 3"
    Barrel Type Heavy-Walled
    Barrel Length 14.375"
    Sight/Base Bead
    Choke Cylinder Bore
    Barrel Finish Cerakote - Stainless Steel
    Stock Finish Raptor Grip / Corn Cob Forend w/ Strap
    Weight 5.3
    Length 26.37"

So is it a cerakoted stainless steel barrel, or just cerakoted to be "stainless steel color"?
    Thanks for elaborating.

I dunno where I am but I know where you can stick it
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvin1095 View Post
    So is it a cerakoted stainless steel barrel, or just cerakoted to be "stainless steel color"?
    Thanks for elaborating.
    They are coated. I called Mossberg to confirm this after I bought one of their bolt guns that was "stainless" or so it said at a big box store. They said they don't make a single stainless gun. The outside should be rust proof, the inside of the bore, probably not so much.
    Lois can't stop me from experiencing the manic highs and lows my body demands.
    Kerosene is fuel, Brian. Red Bull is fuel. Kerosene is Red Bull.

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by p.Rundle View Post
    They are coated. I called Mossberg to confirm this after I bought one of their bolt guns that was "stainless" or so it said at a big box store. They said they don't make a single stainless gun. The outside should be rust proof, the inside of the bore, probably not so much.
    They should really change their description and be more clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyenorth View Post
    They should really change their description and be more clear.
    exactly, it’s not stainless, it’s grey.

Would be cool if they'd offer the carrying tube by itself.
    '' Si tu veux vivre, risque ta vie (...) L'homme y'a pas le choix bcp, ou ben donc il décide d'être un homme ou ben donc il décide de se conformer. '' - Michel Chartrand.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer City Boy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjorden View Post
    Was just thinking this

Quote Originally Posted by Fjorden View Post
    You can contact Mossberg directly and you can order the tube or tube components. The strap on it is garbage. I picked mine up, the strap ripped and the lid blew apart on the garage floor. They were good with getting the replacement. This is a very specific purpose gun. You will not enjoy going out and shooting it for fun. I keep a pack of 12ga. flares in the tube with the gun because if I have to use this gun, I'm not having a good day. I'm happy to have it but JIC is an appropriate name.

They do. $65USD each, according to Mossberg.

Quote Originally Posted by lets_go_bills View Post
    They do. $65USD each, according to Mossberg.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt11241 View Post
    You can contact Mossberg directly and you can order the tube or tube components. The strap on it is garbage. I picked mine up, the strap ripped and the lid blew apart on the garage floor. They were good with getting the replacement. This is a very specific purpose gun. You will not enjoy going out and shooting it for fun. I keep a pack of 12ga. flares in the tube with the gun because if I have to use this gun, I'm not having a good day. I'm happy to have it but JIC is an appropriate name.

Thanks for the info guys.
    '' Si tu veux vivre, risque ta vie (...) L'homme y'a pas le choix bcp, ou ben donc il décide d'être un homme ou ben donc il décide de se conformer. '' - Michel Chartrand.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast