Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gauging Interest - Pre Order for Keltec CMR 30 Rifles and N/R Barrels

if this was 22LR id be interested. I have lost all my 22ARs and have a 10,000 rounds of 22LR that may never be shot now

Interested, looks like a handy little rifle!
    Over-glorified Kettle Operator
    Hunting & Sport Shooting Enthusiast

Take a new person out shooting today!!

I'll buy one, let me know when you want the cash

I'm in for one. Let me know how to order the full package

Quote Originally Posted by Dlask Arms View Post
    Sure, it's easy. You buy the rifle from us (or not if you already have one) then also buy the longer barrel. Have it installed by your gunsmith or for an additional price we will install it, then have a licensed Verifier file a Verification Form to change the status with the RCMP from Restricted to Non-Restricted. Then buy ammo and some cool binary beer cans and go shoot. Because there is no FRT for these as non-restricted the Registry will not 'officially' change the status as far as I can tell. The guns just go into this sort of limbo where it is in fact non-restricted but the po-lice still have it listed as having not having a class. By this I mean that when you look in your inventory on the RCMP webpage the line for the rifle is highlighted in blue and in the column that is for 'Class' it is just blank. As long as you keep a copy of the Verifier's Report on hand and maybe even a tape measure, you shouldn't have an issue. At the end of the day the FRT list is opinion, not law. The laws are i the Firearms Act and the Criminal Code of Canada. And it states very clearly in the what the definition of a non-restricted firearms is whether there is an FRT for it or not. With the new longer barrel installed these meet every qualification to be N/R.
    What happens if I want to sell this newly NR not NR carbine to someone else after? Will a transfer need to be done?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer KotKotofeich's Avatar
    I'm in

Quote Originally Posted by Trapanese View Post
    What happens if I want to sell this newly NR not NR carbine to someone else after? Will a transfer need to be done?
    Sounds about right.
    Always looking for guns made 1890 or earlier - class doesn't matter, even prohibiteds.

Quote Originally Posted by Trapanese View Post
    And this is the issue we have with the ridiculous system the RCMP have for these. The 'system' is based on the FRT list. But that list is not law. But they refuse to re-classify something officially unless there is a non-legally binding FRT for said rifle and then around we go again. The CMR-30 I have that has been changed to N/R officially has no status in my inventory. When you access the RCMP website to see its status, under the column of 'Class' the word Restricted have been removed and instead it is just blank. And yet it isn't Non-Restricted or it wouldn't even be in my inventory....So, even though they KNOW 100% that it is N/R the system will not let them change it because it does not have a FRT number. Which isn't legal. and around we go again....
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

CGN Regular
    And this is the issue we have with the ridiculous system the RCMP have for these. The 'system' is based on the FRT list. But that list is not law. But they refuse to re-classify something officially unless there is a non-legally binding FRT for said rifle and then around we go again. The CMR-30 I have that has been changed to N/R officially has no status in my inventory. When you access the RCMP website to see its status, under the column of 'Class' the word Restricted have been removed and instead it is just blank. And yet it isn't Non-Restricted or it wouldn't even be in my inventory....So, even though they KNOW 100% that it is N/R the system will not let them change it because it does not have a FRT number. Which isn't legal. and around we go again....
    That's the most retarded thing I've ever heard. I knew a lot of our laws didn't make sense but that one definitely takes the icing off the cake.

I’ll take one

Good enough. I'm in for one.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast