Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gauging Interest - Pre Order for Keltec CMR 30 Rifles and N/R Barrels

Gauging Interest - Pre Order for Keltec CMR 30 Rifles and N/R Barrels

I am starting a new page to gauge interest for a one time group buy of CMR 30 rifles. These would be transferred to you as a Restricted firearm and we would also sell you the N/R barrel. You can have your gunsmith install it or we can for an additional charge. A verifier of your choice would then file the verification form re-classifying it as N/R and away you go. The price of the rifles is $799.99 + tax and shipping and the N/R barrel ready to install is $325.00. That gets you a super cool .22 WMR little plinker that is 26.25" OAL with the butt stock collapsed to its' shortest position.

There currently is no FRT for a N/R CMR-30 since the RCMP refuse to issue one using basic math and we refuse to send one in for the 1.5 YEAR determination period. Besides, there is no need since the FRT is not binding law in any way. Simply keep a copy of the Verification Report with the rifle to prove it was filed and a tape measure to show the rifle is over the minimum 660mm OAL.

If there is enough interest then you will be asked to put up the full amount for the rifle itself ($799.99 + tax) and we will order up from the distributor and get the show on the road.
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

Can you please give me some more information on this reclassification process timelines cost etc. thanks

Alberta for now, back to the Yukon someday
    Would the magazines be neutered to 10 rounds or stay at 30? Classed as a pistol in the states I think, but I guess that is still to be determined here.

I would buy the barrel. I just received a CMR that I purchased elsewhere because I didn't think this was going to happen

Quote Originally Posted by Klondiker View Post
    Would the magazines be neutered to 10 rounds or stay at 30? Classed as a pistol in the states I think, but I guess that is still to be determined here.
    Yes of course. The rifles and the pistol share the same mag so they are limited to 10 since that is the pistol's max allowance.
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

Alberta for now, back to the Yukon someday
    Yeah, I had a moment there...thanks for clarifying

Quote Originally Posted by Killbillc68 View Post
    Can you please give me some more information on this reclassification process timelines cost etc. thanks
    Sure, it's easy. You buy the rifle from us (or not if you already have one) then also buy the longer barrel. Have it installed by your gunsmith or for an additional price we will install it, then have a licensed Verifier file a Verification Form to change the status with the RCMP from Restricted to Non-Restricted. Then buy ammo and some cool binary beer cans and go shoot. Because there is no FRT for these as non-restricted the Registry will not 'officially' change the status as far as I can tell. The guns just go into this sort of limbo where it is in fact non-restricted but the po-lice still have it listed as having not having a class. By this I mean that when you look in your inventory on the RCMP webpage the line for the rifle is highlighted in blue and in the column that is for 'Class' it is just blank. As long as you keep a copy of the Verifier's Report on hand and maybe even a tape measure, you shouldn't have an issue. At the end of the day the FRT list is opinion, not law. The laws are i the Firearms Act and the Criminal Code of Canada. And it states very clearly in the what the definition of a non-restricted firearms is whether there is an FRT for it or not. With the new longer barrel installed these meet every qualification to be N/R.
    Last edited by Dlask Arms; 02-23-2021 at 05:32 PM.
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

I would take 4 !

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Roteriyo View Post
    I would take 4 !
    This is how you do it ^^^^ ;-)
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

I’ll take three of the 10” 870 Shorties.

Bradley
    If it's worth shooting once, it's worth shooting twice.
    LaRue STEALTH Crusader - Gen4 G34
    LARUEMINATI
    tap, rack, click...?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast