Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Umarex Air Javelin!!!!!

Why was the crossman airbow prohib and this one not?

Serious question. I want one, but wonder if the "opinion' of the constabulary will change in a week.
    Less-reliant hobby farmer, proud dad, and marginal podcaster.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by vcmm View Post
    Almost $20 an arrow. Nope
    You're local archery shop could probably make em for you. It may be less than $20 per arrow. I don't know much about modern archery in-depth but seen some arrow/bolt making stations off competetive "archers". It's a kind of like reloading for shooters but different equipment and components.

CGN frequent flyer lil_juiced_coupe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vcmm View Post
    Almost $20 an arrow. Nope
    It’s 9 dollars an arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Bare View Post
    They are reusable.
    Only the ones you can locate.

These look fun
    Just ordered one thanks

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by kodiakjack View Post
    Not legal in Ontario for big game, but you could use it on coyotes and small game.
    Correct. And IMHO I think they should be allowed for all hunting that a bow is legal for... Perhaps folks should write the MNR and Minister of Natural Resources to politely plead the case... A change in the Regs is a VERY simple thing for the MNR to allow their use... Anyways, here's the email from the MNR on the matter:

Thank you for your email.

Airguns are considered firearms under the Fish and Wildlife Conservation Act, but are not considered bows/crossbows.

Airguns may be used to hunt small game (other than wild turkey and bullfrog) in Ontario, provided they are not restricted or prohibited firearms under the federal Firearms Act. Only bows, muzzle-loading guns, shotguns or rifles may be used to hunt deer, moose and elk in Ontario. Airguns do not qualify as a shotgun, rifle or muzzle-loading gun.

Should the Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry (MNRF) consider making future regulatory changes, such as changes to permissible firearms used for hunting, they would be subject to a public consultation process.

If you require further assistance, please contact the Natural Resources Information and Support Centre at the toll-free numbers below.

We are currently in our peak season. Call volumes are typically higher early in the week, particularly after the weekend. The best time to reach us is Monday-Friday at 8:30am EST. Callers may receive busy signals and disconnects because of the call volume.

Regards
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesyatpl View Post
    Why was the crossman airbow prohib and this one not?

Serious question. I want one, but wonder if the "opinion' of the constabulary will change in a week.
    Here's tootall's thread from the 2016 Shot Show https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...Pioneer-Airbow

The RCMP classified the Benjamin Pioneer Airbow as prohibited because of its Bull-Pup stock. My assumption is the Pioneer Airbow can be operated without the stock & therefore making it less than the min OAL?

NICE to see the Umarex Air Javelin in country!
    Wing Nut

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Quote Originally Posted by lil_juiced_coupe View Post
    It’s 9 dollars an arrow
    You are correct my bad. I went by the pic and didn't read the info.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FLYBYU44's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lil_juiced_coupe View Post
    It’s 9 dollars an arrow
    Unfortunately in the world of archery that is cheap for arrows. I would be okay with it being used for hunting outside of archery season, same as crossbows in Sask, you have to use them during muzzle loader season. From a conservation standpoint, I don't think they should be allowed during a regular archery season as the only thing it has in common with a bow is the arrow. Essentially an air rifle that shoots arrows.
    I like guns....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    I wonder what sort of velocity it can do with a broad head on it.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

I'm having troubles finding the disposable 88-gram CO2 cartridges or 2x12g CO2 adapter on your sight.
    Do you have a listing for either?

For the PCP guys out there, it would also be nice to have compressed air bottle adapter.

It's a war to remain healthy in a society that requires you to be sick. Russel Band