Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Umarex Air Javelin!!!!!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by kodiakjack View Post
    I’m surprised the market seems to be drifting towards air power as opposed to systems powered by a .22lr blank. I’d much rather carry around a pocket full of blanks than mess around with temperature sensitive CO2 or jury rigged tanks.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/industry...it/219-197781/
    Probably because if someone wants a projectile firing device powered by gunpowder cartridges...they're usually satisfied with, you know, a gun lol. Also air/co2 systems are much quieter/generate alot more energy than a .22 blank. But i get your point, definitely flaws in the co2 route.

Expried Business Member
    Sold Out! Thanks everyone!

We will bring some more in when the distributor has them in stock.

Cheers.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer kodiakjack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by apexanimal View Post
    Probably because if someone wants a projectile firing device powered by gunpowder cartridges...they're usually satisfied with, you know, a gun lol.
    Fair point, lol.

Also air/co2 systems are much quieter/generate alot more energy than a .22 blank. But i get your point, definitely flaws in the co2 route.
    Very nope.

The Umarex above launches 170 grain arrows at 300fps, whereas the 10/22 conversion is 305 grains at 425fps. So in this case, the 22 blank is 41% faster and carries 370% more energy. That’s a lot more whallup, albeit probably also a fair bit more noise.
    The Bee does not squander his time trying to explain to the Fly why honey is better than s**t. Each creature is content with the meal laid before them, so the Bee reserves his endeavor for those who know its worth.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Johnyy's Avatar
    I learned about this kool contraption awhile ago..was thinking if there is a DIY way, using an old stock barrel/drilling it larger.
    https://www.gunsamerica.com/93771874...g-22-rifle.htm

Quote Originally Posted by cycoblade View Post
    Here here! As a paintballer I have a couple of HPA tanks which with the right adapter (if needed) would be a super sweet setup.
    I'm an old school paintball player and still run CO2 for everything I think this would be decent enough in the cold it's not like you are going to be shooting all that fast. Keep the 12grams in your coat and swap them out as needed. Some of the old paintball guns we used to run off straight liquid using tanks with a dip tube and you'd get clouds of CO2 big enough to make any vaping douchebag jealous.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by kodiakjack View Post
    Fair point, lol.

Very nope.

The Umarex above launches 170 grain arrows at 300fps, whereas the 10/22 conversion is 305 grains at 425fps. So in this case, the 22 blank is 41% faster and carries 370% more energy. That’s a lot more whallup, albeit probably also a fair bit more noise.
    Oh wow that's surprising about the .22 blank energy, thanks for the info.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    will these units accept a remote tank like paintball guns are capable of via a braided line connection?
    would be even more fun if a guy could run a 20oz tank on a remote line

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I like the blank idea. Better than CO2.

I’ve been shooting my air javelin for two days now. It’s got a TRS-25 red dot and I’ve been shooting 2” groups at 25 meters. Lots of fun and it won’t blow through my archery bag like my crossbow.

88 gram CO2 is lasting about 40 shots before I have to adjust too much for drop. All the bolts seem to shoot to the same POI.

I would advise shooting one bolt, pulling it out, then shooting another, as this air bow is easy to Robin Hood with.

I chronographed after about 15 shots and I was getting 285fps.

I’ll check speed next time I change the CO2 - I should have done it on a fresh CO2.

It’d be good for squirrel and rabbit maybe.

I’m really enjoying this thing.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Johnyy's Avatar
    I was looking at Ravin 500 E crossbows, as per they are advertised as '500fps. People were debating, & got me thinking, would these, if somehow 'or made a more powerful model & was over 500 fps, would get classed same as Pellet rifles that are over 500fps & needing a PAL?