Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Help Defend Our Right to Hunt in Canada!

Business Member plainSight Solutions's Avatar

Help Defend Our Right to Hunt in Canada!

Thank you for your support CGN! But please keep the momentum going - if you think this vein of policy by public opinion will be isolated to BC you are wrong. If this agenda is realized in British Columbia, your province, and right to hunt, is next. It only takes a few minutes to send the email letter, as well as printing, signing, and mailing a physical letter, but that effort will pay dividends for many Canadians who want to preserve the heritage of enjoying nature, assisting with conservation, and harvesting their own nourishment.

Please help.

HELP DEFEND OUR RIGHT TO HUNT IN BC! A message from the Wild Sheep Society of BC

If we told you that sheep were endangered, what would your reaction be?
    Would it be one of emotion- filled with anger and disappointment or would you question the motivation behind this statement and fight back with science and fact?

If we told you that you could do something about it and make a difference, would you take that stand?
    We cannot afford to sit back and stay complacent nor silent anymore.

This is the fight we are facing as hunters and consumptive users of our backcountry in British Columbia.

Unfortunately, once again social pressures are being used to try to pull the regulations lever to close regulated hunting in British Columbia.
    The Wild Sheep Society of B.C is against this latest attempt to ban hunting of ‘large carnivores’ in our Province.

Thinly veiled under the guise of conservation, a concerted attack is now in place against ‘large carnivores’- specifically named are black bears, cougars, wolves and elk as they are mentioned as ‘trophy hunted only’.

Noted in this same push by anti-hunting groups are bighorn sheep, part of our very life blood as an organization. We know firsthand that these sheep are so much more than the ‘trophy’ as claimed- that they are an icon of the hills that we care so passionately about. And that through our annual sheep counts as volunteers, know that there are no dangers of extirpation.

Why should I care?
    While you yourself may not hunt predators, this is the proverbial death by 1000 cuts that slowly erodes our opportunity to hunt. The grizzly bear hunt was just the tip of the iceberg, and this must be our hill to die on. They will come for more. It is not hard to see when you read between the lines that they want a complete removal of hunting as a whole.
    Last edited by plainSight Solutions; 03-01-2021 at 02:08 PM.

Omer Hrbinic
    Tell: 1 (250) 747-1621
    Cell: 1 (250) 991-1406
    www.PrecisionOptics.net
    PrecisionOptics@hotmail.com

I will take a stand.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I do not understand this idea people have that taking large game is just trophy hunting... like people eat this stuff it isn't just skinned and hung on a damn wall.

I don't seem to have access to the website.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ribstaylor View Post
    I do not understand this idea people have that taking large game is just trophy hunting... like people eat this stuff it isn't just skinned and hung on a damn wall.
    And even if it was, as long as the hunts are managed properly there is no negative impact to the ecosystem by removing a few animals. California banned cougar hunting years ago. Now, rather than having hunters pay for tags to hunt cougars, the government has to pay people to kill problem animals. The number of cougars killed each year has barely changed, what has changed is who is doing it, who is paying for it, and what gets done with the animal afterwards.

The people who are anti-hunting do not look at the big picture though, they look at each animal as an individual and that is no way to manage entire ecosystems.

This was already brought to my attention by IronNoggin in the Hunting sub-forum, and I will be writing up a lengthy letter to my MLA, the Premier, and the Minister about this.

Quote Originally Posted by rentedzone View Post
    I don't seem to have access to the website.
    The link takes you here: https://www.wildsheepsociety.com/actnow/

If the hotlink wont work for you, try typing wildsheepsociety.com into your browser, there is a big "ACT NOW click here" button on the bottom right of the main page.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

Signed and posted to SCI Calgary's FB page.

Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    And even if it was, as long as the hunts are managed properly there is no negative impact to the ecosystem by removing a few animals. California banned cougar hunting years ago. Now, rather than having hunters pay for tags to hunt cougars, the government has to pay people to kill problem animals. The number of cougars killed each year has barely changed, what has changed is who is doing it, who is paying for it, and what gets done with the animal afterwards.

The people who are anti-hunting do not look at the big picture though, they look at each animal as an individual and that is no way to manage entire ecosystems.

This was already brought to my attention by IronNoggin in the Hunting sub-forum, and I will be writing up a lengthy letter to my MLA, the Premier, and the Minister about this.

The link takes you here: https://www.wildsheepsociety.com/actnow/

If the hotlink wont work for you, try typing wildsheepsociety.com into your browser, there is a big "ACT NOW click here" button on the bottom right of the main page.
    I'm getting an "Access Denied" error. Odd.

Just signed and made a contribution. Worked for me.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I can't find anything online about a push to ban bear hunting in BC. Who are we up against this time?

I signed
    As a hunter I likely would come out as a non-resident hunter and enjoy what we have and appreciate as hunters in this country

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast