Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Newbie from Kirkland, Quebec

Quote Originally Posted by nagol View Post
    Locally there is
    CRAFM in Lachine
    Club de Tir Ville St. Pierre
    Montreal skeet club in Les Cèdres
    And the Vankleek Hill gun club in St-Eugene, Ontario.
    Hit me up when the snow melts and we can meet up for some shooting. I only have rifles and a shotgun, so outdoor ranges only.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Ed Smurf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamRoby View Post
    My buddy and I normally go to Ruisseau Noir in Terrbonne, do you go there as well?
    Yes...closest to us. Need a hunting spot for deer?
    No wood......No good

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Smurf View Post
    Yes...closest to us. Need a hunting spot for deer?
    I am open to all insider information I can get my hands on.
    Are you a hunter?

Before I ever go hunting, there are several things I need to do. For starters, I need to become a proficient, consistent shooter.
    Legally, I still need to do my IHF course (online 6-hour I believe).
    I need to start gearing up, all I have is a rifle (not sure if 30-06 is too much for deer). I still need camo, good waterproof boots, skinning knives, etc. (not even sure what I need).
    I need to find a way to convince my main shooting partner to come with me.
    And we need to find an experienced hunter, willing to bring newbies with them and teach us the ropes.

The laws and rules are still quite confusing to me. I own a cottage up north with 4 acres of land. I always hear gunshots in hunting season. I wonder if I could hunt there? I've seen deer and many turkeys.
    My buddy lives on the river in Rigaud, and there are always duck hunters in the bay where is lives during hunting season, drives his wife crazy - so that's another possibility.
    I have a bit of land in NY state which I recently purchased right before the lock-down. Many deer in that area, but crossing the border with a firearm is probably more trouble that it's worth.
    As you can see, I still have a lot to learn, just having trouble locating all the necessary information.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Ed Smurf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamRoby View Post
    I am open to all insider information I can get my hands on.
    Are you a hunter?

Before I ever go hunting, there are several things I need to do. For starters, I need to become a proficient, consistent shooter.
    Legally, I still need to do my IHF course (online 6-hour I believe).
    I need to start gearing up, all I have is a rifle (not sure if 30-06 is too much for deer). I still need camo, good waterproof boots, skinning knives, etc. (not even sure what I need).
    I need to find a way to convince my main shooting partner to come with me.
    And we need to find an experienced hunter, willing to bring newbies with them and teach us the ropes.

The laws and rules are still quite confusing to me. I own a cottage up north with 4 acres of land. I always hear gunshots in hunting season. I wonder if I could hunt there? I've seen deer and many turkeys.
    My buddy lives on the river in Rigaud, and there are always duck hunters in the bay where is lives during hunting season, drives his wife crazy - so that's another possibility.
    I have a bit of land in NY state which I recently purchased right before the lock-down. Many deer in that area, but crossing the border with a firearm is probably more trouble that it's worth.
    As you can see, I still have a lot to learn, just having trouble locating all the necessary information.
    Sent you a PM
    No wood......No good

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123