Thread: Restricted/prohibited Status

Restricted/prohibited Status

I have an Armalite AR-15 that is now obviously prohibited so I am thinking of doing the MRA Renegade conversion. I am curious on one thing though...Once the conversion is completed, does the RCMP have to be notified regarding the change the AR receiver? I'm also assuming that I can still keep the AR receiver as long as it is under lock and key.

I have never built a AR-15 before but I am very good mechanically (I've restored cars from frame up) so I don't think it will be too difficult for me. Where would I be able to get a barrel wrench or is there another way of removing/attaching the barrel? I have a stainless barrel that I really like to keep without munging it up!

I also read that someone had a bit of of a problem with an AR safety (or magazine release, I can't remember) sticking. Has this happened to others? Is it an easy fix?

**I am no expert on this**

I believe the MRA Renegade is a pull (manual) action proprietary receiver, that would probably accept a few parts from you current setup, but I don't think you could use the same barrel without blocking or welding shut the gas port.
    The renegade wouldn't use any gas, so you would need to clamp or block off the gas port.

Aside from that, you should be able to use the handguards, barrel, stock, grip, etc.

This is my understanding.
    Another wave of propaganda, and a new strain of BULLSHHT!!!

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink! -unknown

You just have to turn the gas block around to block the port

I mean you dont need to block the gas port just highly advised lol
    iv had an issue with my magazine release sticking and 2 of 3 safety levers I have won't work im not sure why they just simply won't function once installed

I believe the renegade kit comes with a gas blocking ring so you can use the barrel that you already have

TacOrd also makes a solid short pin to replace the gas tube if you want to run a FSB, $10.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar
    It's not a difficult transition to the new receiver. (Especially if you've restored cars etc.)
    Your barrel, stock, and everything else will work just fine.

As for notifying the RCMP; I don't think they are updating those registrations anymore, since they have been "nullified".
    Just keep the upper and lower receivers locked in your safe until either a judge or a future government overturns the ban.

Awesome thanks for the info