Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition E-3201: Help the Paintball and Airsoft Community to Oppose C-21

CGN Regular
    Why bother? We got the most-signed petition(s) ever to oppose C-71 and the OIC, and that came up to nothing. I'll consider signing this when there's already a million+ signatures.

Not a chance, my experiences as to the overall attitudes of the Airsoft community towards the battle firearms owners are in for justice, as so often noted in the popular Canadian Airsoft forum dictates that I refuse to endorse your petition.

It's about time the Airsoft community who's vast majority of "Woke Progressives" actually see the true colors of the government they voted for and what they have in store for individuals property rights.

In the past the Canadian Airsoft community paid little or no attention to how the Liberals where attacking legal firearm owners and their respective property rights.

But as usual the Canadian Airsoft community in large feel "Entitled", so therefore are now restless, confused, angry with the situation that is before them because nobody told them what was coming!!

Airsoftly's are only interested in themselves, the wording of your petition shows that.

Avocado Toast anyone?
    Last edited by Cross Eyed Cowboy; 03-01-2021 at 11:20 PM.

Signed, for what it is worth. This ban will be defeated in the courts or by civil disobedience. The Liberals simply ignore petitions.
    Last edited by cheb; 03-01-2021 at 11:22 PM.

Done! I can't believe this is happening
    God Keep Our Land Glorious And Free!

Quote Originally Posted by 45ACPKING View Post
    Question:

Are the Airsoft and Paintball organizations in Canada standing with firearms owners because I don't see any mention of firearms or firearms owners in that list of 5 demands.
    should read:
    1. Reject Bill C-21 to save the jobs of thousands of Canadians;
    2. Fully and unambiguously legalize airsoft, paintball and firearms so citizens and residents can continue to purchase and use as sporting equipment
    3. Recognize that airsoft, paintball, target shooting, hunting and collecting are safe activities that many MILLIONS of Canadians participate in;
    4. Recognize that airsoft , paintball and lawfully owned firearms do not represent any risk to public safety and banning will not improve public safety; and
    5. Not needlessly target law abiding citizens who use airsoft, paintball and firearms for sporting purposes.

Unfortunately it looks like they want to stand apart from us in this fight and that doesn't fly with me.
    Want my support then recognize that this is much bigger than airsoft and paintball.
    For what it is worth I was a hard core paintballer for nearly 20 years until a workplace injury put an end to such physical activities.
    I have to admit, I can understand this sentiment. There is nothing wrong with protecting your interests, which is what the airsoft community has done in their video. However, if they want more broad support, reciprocity with the firearms community would be appreciated. These arbitrary bans are affront and infringement of basic human freedoms and that affects everyone.
    "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than a gardener in a war."

CGN Regular
    Done. I dont play paintball or airsoft but their community still needs our support.

CGN frequent flyer thunderflash's Avatar
    Signed! If it helps these fellows --it helps us!
    "Rifles are better than handguns for fighting. The primary purpose for a handgun is ,to fight your way to a Rifle that you should NOT have put down in the first place " ------- Clint Smith- Owner/ Instructor; Thunder Ranch

Done

Signed

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rugbydave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 45ACPKING View Post
    Question:

Are the Airsoft and Paintball organizations in Canada standing with firearms owners because I don't see any mention of firearms or firearms owners in that list of 5 demands.
    should read:
    1. Reject Bill C-21 to save the jobs of thousands of Canadians;
    2. Fully and unambiguously legalize airsoft, paintball and firearms so citizens and residents can continue to purchase and use as sporting equipment
    3. Recognize that airsoft, paintball, target shooting, hunting and collecting are safe activities that many MILLIONS of Canadians participate in;
    4. Recognize that airsoft , paintball and lawfully owned firearms do not represent any risk to public safety and banning will not improve public safety; and
    5. Not needlessly target law abiding citizens who use airsoft, paintball and firearms for sporting purposes.

Unfortunately it looks like they want to stand apart from us in this fight and that doesn't fly with me.
    Want my support then recognize that this is much bigger than airsoft and paintball.
    For what it is worth I was a hard core paintballer for nearly 20 years until a workplace injury put an end to such physical activities.
    C-21 is a ridiculous bill and the part about banning Airsoft (toys basically) would be laughable if its wasn't so sad.

That said, I agree with Thomas.

It's been proven time and again that e-petitions achieve literally nothing. However, even if this petition were able to achieve something, unless it's fully doing away with C-21 and the OIC, I'd rather it not be successful. From the tone of that video, all the airsoft people want is to have the provisions of C-21 that relate to them removed. The length they go to pointing out that Airsoft guns aren't real guns and therefore shouldn't be banned (but actual guns should?) leads me to think that they'd happily throw firearm owners under the bus so long as they aren't affected. Absurd as it is, the fact they now face an existential threat from this repressive, heavy handed bull#### Liberal govt is good for all those who want to see them booted out of office come election time. No petition will fix this, the only answer is to vote in the Tories and the more people who come to that realization, the better.