Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition E-3201: Help the Paintball and Airsoft Community to Oppose C-21

Signed

The airsoft crowd may well throw firearm owners under the bus, but the more people irritated with the Liberals the better comes election time...

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by rugbydave View Post
    It's been proven time and again that e-petitions achieve literally nothing. However, even if this petition were able to achieve something, unless it's fully doing away with C-21 and the OIC, I'd rather it not be successful. From the tone of that video, all the airsoft people want is to have the provisions of C-21 that relate to them removed. The length they go to pointing out that Airsoft guns aren't real guns and therefore shouldn't be banned (but actual guns should?) leads me to think that they'd happily throw firearm owners under the bus so long as they aren't affected. Absurd as it is, the fact they now face an existential threat from this repressive, heavy handed bull#### Liberal govt is good for all those who want to see them booted out of office come election time. No petition will fix this, the only answer is to vote in the Tories and the more people who come to that realization, the better.
    I think this comment is spot on. I watched the video and one could have easily replaced every mention of "airsoft" with "airsoft and firearms" and made the same points. While maybe not intentional, I was perturbed by one of the comments mentioning C-21 "in its present form", suggesting to me that an amendment to C-21 to exclude the airsoft regulations would be met with approval by the community. I think C-21 should be tossed out for all its ridiculousness and political posturing, so while I welcome the airsoft groups joining the fight, I'm not so convinced that they have "my back" in this fight, and until that's clear to me, I'd rather we were all painted with the same brush by this legislation --- the more people angry at the Liberals over C-21, the better.

Signed.

The more people against what they’re trying to do the better!

For what it's worth. I'm an airsofter and have a PAL. I signed both the c71 petition and this current c21 petition. You guys have more support than you think from the airsoft community. A lot of my airsoft friends are also against this bill and have donated to the ccfr as well.

in a 905 county that prohibits Sunday hunting with guns. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?
    Quote Originally Posted by KaneZoR View Post
    Signed.

The more people against what they’re trying to do the better!
    This /\ /\ /\.
    "Totally incompetent blowhard, an idiot and a fool." - Detective John Corey describing what could only be Dear Leader or maybe the Kommissar for Public Safety. You decide.

Quote Originally Posted by Drift117 View Post
    For what it's worth. I'm an airsofter and have a PAL. I signed both the c71 petition and this current c21 petition. You guys have more support than you think from the airsoft community. A lot of my airsoft friends are also against this bill and have donated to the ccfr as well.
    At this point, both hobbies should be supporting each other.

I signed as well. This is really out of control now. I hope our airsoft friends also realize how bad things have gotten and vote accordingly should an election happen.

done!

Quote Originally Posted by stickhunter View Post
    I think this comment is spot on. I watched the video and one could have easily replaced every mention of "airsoft" with "airsoft and firearms" and made the same points. While maybe not intentional, I was perturbed by one of the comments mentioning C-21 "in its present form", suggesting to me that an amendment to C-21 to exclude the airsoft regulations would be met with approval by the community. I think C-21 should be tossed out for all its ridiculousness and political posturing, so while I welcome the airsoft groups joining the fight, I'm not so convinced that they have "my back" in this fight, and until that's clear to me, I'd rather we were all painted with the same brush by this legislation --- the more people angry at the Liberals over C-21, the better.
    The CCFR was one of the first of our Firearms Advocacy orgaganizations to offer its help to the Airsoft community. Instead the so called organizers in the Airsoft community decided to go it alone, create a video, webiste, petition etc.
    Now why was that?, simple, to seperate themselves from the firearms community and ongoing anti gunowner narrative the Liberals continue to propogate, appeasing to the Liberals hoping to gain favour only for their cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve1987 View Post
    At this point, both hobbies should be supporting each other.

I signed as well. This is really out of control now. I hope our airsoft friends also realize how bad things have gotten and vote accordingly should an election happen.

Yup for sure! A few of my airsoft friends have said they will never vote for liberals again after this. In all honesty its a shame they didn't start sooner but better late than never.
    Last edited by Drift117; 03-02-2021 at 07:55 PM.