Howa Mini Action 7.62x39 & .223Rem 20" MDT Oryx Chassis ODG

they use there howa mag. what do you wish they took?

He’s probably meaning standard AR mags. You know the kind that are cheap and durable and reliable...as opposed to the Howa mags that are $70-80 and garbage in comparison. I wish my Howa took those too.

just got the howa mini in 7.62x39 in the oryx chassis and i gotta say im a huge fan. had it out just for a short break in session today with cheep norc steel case laquered ammo and she never skipped a beat, no miss fires no ftf or fte probs at all. cheep to shoot and resonably accurate with millsurp it looks like. would be an excellent first choice for a kid to get started on. the only thing i dont like is the mag. feels very cheep and flimsy, but functioned fine. did a bit of testing and measureing and the AR mag will foit the mag well with very little work it looks like

so happy i just oredered another in 223

wznSD23.jpg

So is the 7.62 x 39 an accurate cartridge for more precision shooting?
I wouldn't imagine people using run of the mill corrosive in it.

I am speaking with limited experience here as I have only had my ruger American ranch 7.62 x 39 out to the range once (just got it) but my results are as follows

Chinese surplus - 1.2 MOA @ 100 yards
Romain surplus - right on 1 MOA @ 100 yards
Czech surplus - .78 MOA @ 100 yards
Barnaul FMJ - 75 MOA @ 100 yards
Hornady Black SST -.60 MOA @ 100 yards
Lapua FMJ - .52 MOA @ 100 yards

Results are promising enough to enjoy and keep the rifle. I have a feeling all my groups will come down a bit when it's not windy and blowing freezing rain at me. Furthermore, when I can justify using large rifle primers for 7.62 x 39 I think my hand loads will take me well under 1/2 moa. It is a precision rifle / caliber.... Depends what you consider precision. In my opinion, it's precision enough for what I need.

In all honesty, I bought this rifle due to the threat of banning the sks, type 81 and my 858 is already banned. I have a metric sh*t ton of 7.62 x 39 and needed something to eat it.

Back
Top Bottom