Thread: CRPS X/22 Challenge Sponsorship

CRPS X/22 Challenge Sponsorship

Just a quick heads up to let you guys know we will be a sponsor of the CRPS X/22 Challenge this year. We have a pretty special rifle made up along with one of our Dlask Arms / MDT chassis' including a fully adjustable skeletonized butt stock generously donated by the awesome folks MDT. Since basic black can be boring and this is a show gun after all, I reached out to our besties at Black Box Customs to see if they would like to donate a paint job to it. Hells Yes ! was the response from them so it's there now being fettled with fine misty spray of various colours...

What is the rifle you ask ? Well...

One of our TUF-22 flat top receivers with a 20" fluted Kidd match barrel, Kidd bolt, 2-stage Kidd trigger and the other goodies from our usual build spec sheet. This action is snuggelled nicely into a Dlask Arms / MDT chassis and secured with the rear hold down block. Of course the rifle comes with our HC3R made RCMP approved 25-round magazine.

For a precision rimfire rifle based on the 10/22 platform I would be really hard pressed to make a nicer rig than this one. The rifle has an MSRP of well over $2,000 and that doesn't include the paint magic from Black Box ! (Purple with gold flake sparkles maybe ?)

The rifle will be available to shoot throughout the series with it being raffled off at the end to help support the cause. Once I get the rifle back from Black Box I will post up some pics. Check out their website and social media as well since I'm 99.99% certain they will have way better pictures than I can take..

After being cooped up for the last year I for one and chomping at the bit to get the heck out of here for a weekend of shooting in Kamloops ! Sign up to The Challenge and maybe I'll see you there !
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

My gut tells me that you already had the chassis around for this. Will MDT be making more Tuf-22 specific chassis with the rear hold down?

CGN frequent flyer
    Was there a specific version of the Dlask receiver to fit the rear hold-down in the MDT chassis, or was that entirely a feature of the chassis?

And I'd thought the integral-Picatinny-railed version of the receiver was the premium version with one less thing to come agly under the scope than the flattop+rail version, or did I miss something there?

Build sounds awfully similar to the one you did for me last summer! I can guarantee no one will be disappointed shooting it.
    It’s great to see you guys supporting the series!

Attachment 470939

Quote Originally Posted by old303 View Post
    Was there a specific version of the Dlask receiver to fit the rear hold-down in the MDT chassis, or was that entirely a feature of the chassis?

And I'd thought the integral-Picatinny-railed version of the receiver was the premium version with one less thing to come agly under the scope than the flattop+rail version, or did I miss something there?
    All of our TUF-22 receivers have the rear drilled and tapped for the block. MDT worked with us to design the chassis so that it all worked and fit together with the different screws going this way and that...

As for the receivers, the Pic railed version will be stronger because of the sheer amount of material on the top. However, when building a rifle like this the flat top version is preferable so that the rifle can be configured for looong distance to utilize the barrel's target properties then switch the rail and it's a 'normal' range rifle shooting beer cans at 50 yards. The scope rail does not just use the 4 little screws on top to hold the scope. There is a groove, almost like a dovetail, that the rail sits in so that it takes the brunt of the recoil and the screws simple are there to hold it onto the receiver.
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

GunNutz
    Can't wait to see the rifle. BTW what scope will you use for the X/22 Challenge Leigh?