Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Case 2,700 rds 5.56 Ammo

Case 2,700 rds 5.56 Ammo

I just remembered a case of ammo I had stashed away for a rainy day. Here we have nine unopened 300rd "Battle packs" in a case, 2,700 rds in total. 38KG so shipping will be extra. Proof of PAL required. Private sale, so no tax $2,000.00 by EMT please. Send address for shipping quote.

Now selling by the 300 rd Battle Pack, $250.00 per pack plus shipping. Payment by EMT, please send address to confirm shipping. Prompt payment is required to secure your order.

If the case is not sold by tomorrow afternoon, I will sell it by the "Battle Pack" (300Rds) at $250.00 per pack plus shipping.

I believe thus is Berdan primed. I pulled a rd from an identical box which came from Battle pack but not from this case. Bullet is a 55 gr FMJ, sealed with a tar like substance round the case mouth, primers are crimped so this appears to be Mil spec ammo. I can't make out the head stamp, it appears to be an 88 over a 13 but as I say I can't read it for sure and this rd did not come out of this case. I suspect South African military surplus.

Will start selling separate Battle packs around 1 pm. Receipt of EMT after 1 pm will secure your order. There are only nine packs of 300 rds at $250 each plus shipping.

If you want Boxer brass check this link:
    https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...l-223-Rem-Ammo
    Last edited by Mr Wolverine; 03-07-2021 at 03:00 PM.

CGN frequent flyer
    Man, that would be great to have, but for those of us who can only afford a battle pack or two from the lot it also kind of stings. Someone's gonna be lucky and it won't take very long either.

Edit: Thumbs-up on your edit Mr Wolverine. Fingers crossed for tomorrow having numerous lucky people.
    Last edited by CaberTosser; 03-06-2021 at 05:27 PM.

CGN Regular
    Hello Mr. Wolverine,

Is this Berdan or Boxer primed?

Thank you

JR
    *Exchange offers expire within 24hrs*

Quote Originally Posted by Runt View Post
    Hello Mr. Wolverine,

Is this Berdan or Boxer primed?

Thank you

JR
    I think it is boxer, but not 100% sure, I can't remember as I have never reloaded it. Maybe some one else can jump in.

I’m pretty sure that stuff is South African M193 equivalent ammo

Bought some .308 a few years ago, that was in those plastic/rubber packs. Came from South Africa and was berdan primed.
    I love the smell of cosmoline in the morning

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by b-wingpilot View Post
    I’m pretty sure that stuff is South African M193 equivalent ammo
    I’m thinking the same. If it is, somebody better move on it quickly. I have shot this ammo and i think its fantastic and very accurate considering what it is....surplus standard mil ball.

IIRC correctly, boxer primed, non corrosive, and reloadable. But not 100 % positive, pretty sure though.

I would grab it, but don’t have cash on hand for this. Although i can trade, lol!!
    I dislike having a battle of wits when my opponent comes unarmed....it just seems so unsportsmanlike!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer beltfed's Avatar
    I've never seen berdan primed 5.56.
    Life Member CCFR and CSSA
    Posts made by the pseudonym "Beltfed" may not accurately reflect the beliefs and opinions of the Registered User.

CGN Regular
    Berdan primed South African ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by beltfed View Post
    I've never seen berdan primed 5.56.
    I wasn't into reloading when it was plentiful, but wasn't that Chinese M193, the Syrian Contract over-run from the 90's that we got in the early-mid 2010's Berdan Primed? I miss that stuff, my Mini 14 loved it.
    89AA04004

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast